Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

champagne

so......i am only having champagne at my wedding. My FI and i do not drink....so i don't know what kind of champagne to buy or where to buy it. HELP!!!

Re: champagne

• edited December 2011
    ohhhh!!! thank you sooo much for saying that!!! you have no idea how good that makes me feel. we wanted to just have a dry reception but we kept getting mixed opinions on it. 

so..i say none! thanks! 

also...about your signature....what does that mean? about being legally married?
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There tends to be spurts of brides who have JOP'd their wedding to get health benefits, lower cost of living expenses, military benefits, campus housing, etc. who are keeping the marriage a secret from everyone so they can have a pretty princess day with a fake ceremony. 

The reference to the two year old is from a poster who went nuts on Stage (and me) when we told her that ring bearer was the only job her son could do in a wedding.  She thought it was adorable that he though he was marrying mommy and daddy and wanted to work it into the ceremony - now where would a two year old ever get that idea if mommy hadn't been telling him this?
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • edited December 2011
    I love champagne, but am usually on a beer budget. It's all about getting prosecco or cava instead. SO much cheaper, and usually pretty good quality. So, if you want the bubbly, even for a toast, that's my go-to budget option.
  • edited December 2011
    i think i am will be having the ceremony at noon or one..and then the reception after. i thought if we had it earlier ppl would be less upset that there was no alcohol. 

and i want to do some really cute signature non-alcoholic drinks. that way it is still fun and not just drinking on soda. 
  • edited December 2011
    Then how about some cute, carbonated flavoured lemonades? You could do a sparkling raspberry lemonade or something fun like that.
  • edited December 2011
    There's a non alcoholic champange called fre (it's pronouced like free).  It is very good and if you didn't look at the bottle you would never know that it was non alcoholic!  I myself don't care for an alcholic drink that isn't liquor and since I will most likely be nursing a baby at the time of my wedding I won't be drinking so I am looking into buying it myself!

I will be honest and say that a dry reception is pretty boring.  I went to one last summer and the bride was literally chasing down guests that went to a bar down the street because a large percent left after they ate dinner!  They didn't even stick around for the cake!

Just because you have alcohol served doesn't mean you have to drink!

Anyway here's the link-http://www.frewines.com/ Again, unless your guests look at the labels they wouldn't know it's non alcoholic unless someone spills the beans!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Vhino Verde is a delish sparkling white wine...we are using that for our toast instead of champagne (which i love too!!)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_champagne?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:3c99f90b-07bc-4696-ab45-a9091621caabPost:546c2ef1-f66e-4ecb-9085-206d6c256649">Re: champagne</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: champagne : I think that depends way more on other factors than just no alcohol.  After all, if a reception is boring, it's going to be boring whether or not you have wine in your hand.  I've been to plenty of receptions like you are describing both wet and dry. And I've been to dry receptions that were plenty entertaining.  As I stated before, they don't usually last as long or have a party-til-the-cows come home vibe, but neither do a lot of wet receptions I've attended.  And, OP, I think that having it earlier in the day definitely works better for a dry reception.  We had our ceremony at 2pm and reception started around 2:30 (we got there at 3).  Everyone was moving and socializing the whole time and the only people who left early were people who would have had to leave early regardless. 
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

I like how you said wet reception...It's something I've never heard before but it made me chuckle.  An earlier reception does work better than an evening reception if it'll be a dry one for sure...I agree!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • teamdynamiteteamdynamite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I have never had champagne until NYE. Martini rossi asti was recommended to us, and I thought it was so sweet and delicious :)

The only other comment I have is about the two PP. I have seen too many brides try to battle it out on the boards to express how one opinion is so much better than the other. Kudos to you ladies for keeping it clean and respectful :) Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards