Florida-North Florida

Catering

We're looking for a caterer. I thought I'd found the perfect one, until I realized that her prices were per person. I'm sorry, but I can't find the point in paying $40 per person for food. Really? Nobody would pay that in a restaurant! I understand that there are additional fees for bringing it to our venue, and having servers, and other miscellaneous things the caterer is responsible for, but all those charges were additional. It was $40 per person just for the food. PLUS all the dishes, workers, chefs, bartenders, etc. Insanity.

We were looking at a caterer that had some packages between $7 and $20 per person. We're wanting to stay in that range, and might like a pasta or italian food theme (we're both italian, and it's an easy-to-please food...who doesn't like pasta? lol)

So, if anyone knows of any caterers who charge $7-20 for FOOD (with additional costs for chefs, & other of course), now would be a great time to recommend them.

Has anyone used Napolotanos or Macaroni Grill to cater?

Re: Catering

• pag41989pag41989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What City are you located in?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • amclausenamclausen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're going with a nice caterer, that might be difficult to do.  Sonnys BBQ caters for a very reasonable price, especially if you pick up the food yourself (around 10/person.)  Biscottis in Jax was able to do our food for $21 a person.  I doubt you're going to find something as low as $7 a person, I'm sorry.
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $40 is actually about average for food at a lot of places.  Are you looking a sit-down meal or a buffet?  Buffets can be higher at some places because they have to prepare more food, but lower at some places because they don't have to have servers.  It just depends.

You can get BBQ for around $10 a head.
  • edited December 2011
    we're really looking for pasta, and we have already decided we definitely don't want bbq.
    napoltanos has a lot of pastas & such for $7.95/person, so we may have to go with them. =]
  • jessevan10jessevan10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What city?
  • edited December 2011

Napalatano's is in Gainesville.  I haven't had their catering for a wedding, but have had it at birthday parties and what not and it has always been really good.  Pretty casual, but that's not a bad thing.

Married February 26th, 2011 TTC #1 since May 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Where are you having your reception?
    Married February 26th, 2011 TTC #1 since May 2011
  • edited December 2011
    The Thomas Center.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat you're in I can't find a caterer for a low price.
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine used Carrabba's and said it was under $15 per person. They set up, serve, and take it away. Also, no one even knew it was Carrabba's!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards