Not Engaged Yet

Do anyone else get really sad when.....

those ASPCA commercials come on? I am such an animal lover and those commercials just make me so sad. Cry

Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....

• AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have to turn the channel.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• edited December 2011
    That's their point to make you sad.  And I do get sad I suppose, but they honestly just make me pretty annoyed.  You're going to hate me for saying this, but when I see those commercials, I think to myself, "There are starving kids in the world, and these people want my money? Ummm no way."  Personally, I hate them and I think they're stupid. I am a big animal lover, and hate animal abuse, but I would much rather give my money and see commercials asking for money for starving PEOPLE rather than dogs and cats.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
  • edited December 2011
    I know me too. I made the mistake of watching one once. One just came on and after two animal pics I had to turn the channel because it is so hard to watch.
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    OMG seriously - worse than starving children in barefeet on filthy streets. Darn you, Sarah McLachlin. They kill me.
  • zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't watch them and turn the channel. And personally I prefer animals to people, so I'm really just unaffected by similar commercials for humans.

• edited December 2011
    I would be much more likely to make a monthly donation to the ASPCA than I would be to one of those other charities you see on tv. If I had the extra money to give that is. I hope to one day be able to give a monthly donation to the ASPCA.
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:08f8a59a-8c18-4a56-89b6-f476f0e168fb">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't watch them and turn the channel. And personally I prefer animals to people, so I'm really just unaffected by similar commercials for humans.
    Posted by zipis1[/QUOTE]

THIS.

I can't want those commercials. I have to change the channel or cry my eyes out.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:08f8a59a-8c18-4a56-89b6-f476f0e168fb">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't watch them and turn the channel. And personally I prefer animals to people, so I'm really just unaffected by similar commercials for humans.
    Posted by zipis1[/QUOTE]

<div>This is me exactly. I feel exactly the same. </div>

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    OMG it makes me want to adopt every single on Earth and cram them in my small apartment. That seems counter-productive, though.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:f456346d-1aaa-42ab-99aa-ca6c5970d4f2">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE] think to myself, "There are starving kids in the world, and these people want my money? Ummm no way." Posted by bourgehm[/QUOTE]

Ha. Oops. I was typing the exact opposite while you were typing this. It's not that I don't care about starving children, it's just that I don't think money I would donate would actually get to them. Some of those charities seem so corrupt.
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES. They used to make me cry, but now I mute and look away. Actually, now that they've been around awhile, they kind of make me mad because it's such blatant manipulation.
  • edited December 2011
    That is very true paint. I have actually adopted a pet from the ASPCA so I know that it is legit. With some of those other ones you can never be sure.
  • coastiegrl25coastiegrl25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have such a heart for animals, than for the other commercials.  I am with Zips.  Animals are innoncent and can't do it alone.  People can find jobs, and find ways to support themselves.  The commercials kill me.
    When is my wedding
  • edited December 2011
    Have you been watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills all day too?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:af2aa7bf-fab2-43e6-84e4-2384e23c9ebb">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do anyone else get really sad when..... : Ha. Oops. I was typing the exact opposite while you were typing this. It's not that I don't care about starving children, it's just that I don't think money I would donate would actually get to them. Some of those charities seem so corrupt.
    Posted by paintgirl[/QUOTE]

Biatch!! Dont' care about the starving children!?!?! Just kidding. Yeah, I agree.  But I LOVE the organization compassion international where you get to pick out a kid from a group of pictures and send them money each month. That's the organization that I'm crazy about, therefore it trumps the ASPCA for me.
    When you love someone, you can tell. When you're in love with someone, everyone else can tell.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:cc9b46cd-12fe-48da-aa33-32d4cb19f057">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you been watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills all day too?
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]

I have to change the channel when that comes on too.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:60588a67-57ee-4d6f-8bd7-ceb7d67a8e76">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have such a heart for animals, than for the other commercials.  I am with Zips.  Animals are innoncent and can't do it alone.  People can find jobs, and find ways to support themselves.  The commercials kill me.
    Posted by coastiegrl25[/QUOTE]

You make a very good point coastie and I agree with you.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:cc9b46cd-12fe-48da-aa33-32d4cb19f057">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you been watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills all day too?
    Posted by Narwhal[/QUOTE]

I watched Keeping Up with the Kardashians (on netflix instant watch) way too much today while I was making the lasagna we ate for dinner tonight. It's such a stupid show. SOO stupid. But I think pretty much as trashy as real housewives...
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:11e01025-8699-452b-a562-ad586d1776b2">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Do anyone else get really sad when..... : I have to change the channel when that comes on too.
    Posted by AudgiePodge[/QUOTE]

FTW
  • edited December 2011
    I have never seen any of the real housewives shows. How bad are they?

And bourgehm I just want to clear it up that I love kids. I'd just rather give money to puppy and kittens lol.
  • edited December 2011
    I get really sad when people post insensitive comments about abusing animals.
  • edited December 2011
    Well. I have been watching it all day. And every. single. time. there was a commercial break, they would play that commercial.

Sarah MacLaughlin (or w/e) sang at some awards show a few weeks ago, and all I could think of were sad puppies.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Not going to lie, I think EVERY puppy or kitten is cute. But kids on the other hand.....
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:e599e223-d54f-44ea-90c6-8615f2baee96">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never seen any of the real housewives shows. How bad are they? And bourgehm I just want to clear it up that I love kids. I'd just rather give money to puppy and kittens lol.
    Posted by skyler1108[/QUOTE]

Yeah, kids will just buy candy if you give them money. At least dogs and cat will buy pet food. And maybe a rotisserie chicken if the mood strikes.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:16fb8388-271f-440f-b420-a09db434e326">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get really sad when people post insensitive comments about abusing animals.
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

who did that?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:16fb8388-271f-440f-b420-a09db434e326">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get really sad when people post insensitive comments about abusing animals.

I'm hoping you're not thinking I am posting things pro-animal abuse. I'm totally not. Just saying I'd rather have my money go to other organizations.
  • edited December 2011
    Cate made a comment in the "Another Newbie" thread about her BF wanting to run over stray cats if he could. I didn't say anything but it REALLLY rubbed me the wrong way. Not cool.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:fd6f1bb5-3298-470f-8072-7cbaef42033c">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cate made a comment in the "Another Newbie" thread about her BF wanting to run over stray cats if he could. I didn't say anything but it REALLLY rubbed me the wrong way. Not cool.

You just need someone to rub you the right way.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-else-really-sad?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0d9fa30d-652c-46f2-94aa-e633e3f3dfaePost:fd6f1bb5-3298-470f-8072-7cbaef42033c">Re: Do anyone else get really sad when.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cate made a comment in the "Another Newbie" thread about her BF wanting to run over stray cats if he could. I didn't say anything but it REALLLY rubbed me the wrong way. Not cool.
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>*runs to go look*

</div>

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards