Texas-Houston

silk flower question

This maybe somewhat of a dumb question, but if the chrch regulations say they don't allow silk flowers, would paper pomanders fall into that category? I have been trying to get an answer from the church on this but the person who would know is not in. If any of you know i'd appreciate it.

Re: silk flower question

• icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it sounds like they only want real flowers... what church is this?
  • edited December 2011
    thats what I figured...but I might be able to grt a good deal on tissue paper poms that someone is selling, so i was hopefull. It's St. Theresa's CC
  • icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i figured it was a catholic church! we are getting married at St. John Vianney CC and their rules seem so silly. Some more than others. Like we only have 15 minutes to take photos in the church. NO EXCEPTIONS :-/
  • edited December 2011
    I think you would be fine with paper pompanders hanging on the pews. I think most churches say on fake flowers- and really they mean they don't want fake flower petals all over their floor.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding coordinator at the catholic church told me no to silk flowers and pomanders because she said it "cheapens" the look of the church.    :/   

Catholic churches are super strict....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards