Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

thepros.com?

Hi Everyone. I'm considering going with thepros.com for photo, video, and DJ. I haven't done a lot of research on video and DJ for other companies yet, so I don't want to make a decision right now. I have done a decent amount of research on photographers, and was wondering if anyone has used thepros.com. So far, their prices seem great, I got a good vibe from the advisor they set me up with, and the pics I saw online from the photographer I like really kind of "spoke" to me. Thanks in advance!

Re: thepros.com?

• Options
    koosh ballkoosh ball member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The pros have really bad reviews. I would suggest not going with them.
  • Options
    jojod1075jojod1075 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where have you seen these reviews? Maybe I'm not looking in the right place....how do they become a knot pick several years running with bad reviews? Thanks!
  • Options
    koosh ballkoosh ball member
    edited December 2011
    Google the pros and reviews. http://www.weddingwire.com/vendor/VendorViewRating?vid=b1c77b7b0e7f806a&z=z&mode=&tab=reviews&sortBy=lowestRatingNumber of complaints processed by the BBB    in the last 36 months: 28    in the last 12 months: 8Complaints Concerned:     Selling Practices  (1 complaints) 1Resolved     Advertising Issues  (1 complaints) 1Resolved     Service Issues  (6 complaints) 5Resolved 1Company made every reasonable effort to resolve     Credit or Billing Disputes  (1 complaints) 1Resolved     Refund Practices  (6 complaints) 5Resolved 1Company made every reasonable effort to resolve     Product Quality  (7 complaints) 5Resolved 2Company made every reasonable effort to resolve     Contract Disputes  (5 complaints) 3Resolved 2Company made every reasonable effort to resolve     Repair Issues  (1 complaints) 1ResolvedAnd search this forum for "The Pros"
  • Options
    alliecarrie41alliecarrie41 member
    edited December 2011
    "knot pics" are advertisers who pay for the slot, give me a break.  you have to check with your individual shooter, but i have yet to see a good review. they do okay with video and DJ services from what i've read and are cheap. you know what they say about one-stop shopping places... they are great in nothing and okay in all at best.
  • Options
    woodfrogswoodfrogs member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    From the weddings I've been to, the dj's were fine, the videographer was rude, always in people's faces, bblocking the photog. Have not seen any of the photography so can't comment on that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look on Craigs list- they advertise for their staff there, they hire anyone and pay as little as possible- they have a bad rep. all over the place. No one knows how they stay in business, except for the "great price" thing. Buyer beware!! Seriously, call them and ask if they are hiring shooters in your area, like you are a photographer or videographer, and see what they say. I bet they hire you.
  • Options
    jojod1075jojod1075 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow.... very interesting to know. the weddingwire reviews were definitely helpful -- though there are a lot of positive (recent) reviews... I think i'll have to compare those with the reviews of the other places I'm considering. Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    Selly82Selly82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! I work for one of the bigger photography companies. Actually not for the Pros. Although, I have to say they are our competition. Keep in mind that these bigger companies are big for a reason! They can offer quality, products and consistency unlike most individual photographers. Don't take advice from people who just read reviews from disgruntled clients. They have never worked with these companies, and most likely have never even met to see exactly what sets these companies apart from the rest. They go by hear say. Do your self a favor, and see what they have to offer, and make an informed decision based on the facts. That is my advice. I'm using my own company based on all of the horror stories I've heard from other companies, and my clients positive feedback and gorgeous photos.  I've worked on close to 50 weddings in the year, and I have only had one unhappy bride. ONE!!! Just keep in mind in doesn't hurt to have a consultation =) Good Luck! 
  • Options
    tidetraveltidetravel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how do they become a knot pick several years running with bad reviews?The pay theknot lots of $.  "Knot picks" usually come from "preferred vendors" - vendors who heavily advertise.  If you want real reviews and recommendations, check your local board or www.weddingwire.com for reviews
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We recently got married and our photographer from the pros was just wonderful.  We had met with him prior to the wedding, and were very impressed.  But what was really impressive was that he spent half a day on his own time attending our rehearsal in order to get familiar with the lighting and with people in the wedding party.  We couldn't have picked a better photographer or nicer guy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be very careful using their dj.  You need to make sure that the dj you use has many years of experience, because it makes a huge difference...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards