Kentucky-Louisville

Looking for affordable cake baker / DJ for Louisville wedding.

Hi ladies I am helping my sister plan her Louisville wedding for this summer and am looking for recc. for bakers or DJs in the Louisville area.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for affordable cake baker / DJ for Louisville wedding.

• Leecass18Leecass18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mertz Cakes - Virginia owns and runs the place and her cakes taste and look amazing.  Make an appointment!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • simplycakesimplycake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    simplycakesbydana.
    dana is affordable and will meet anytime. Just call 502-905-4397 or visit her
    web stie at www.simplycakesbydana.com
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Atkins Island DJs.  I read a couple of really good reviews for them on TK and decided to go with them.  I've found them to be very affordable and responsive to any questions I've had.  www.adkinsisland.com
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Dave Drummonds from odyssey. He used to be a DJ at Pleasure Island (Disney World). He's awesome and affordable. We are getting ALOT with him and he's less than 1000. Check him out. odysseymobileentertainment.
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mert's Cakes is amazing.  But she can be pricey.  I do not recommend Heitzman.  Two of my friends had bad experiences with them--the cake showing up over an hour late and wrong flavors.  Not good. 

For DJs, do NOT use Hey Mr. DJ or You're Next Karoke and DJ.  Both have provided very bad service to friends.  Hey Mr. DJ made a toast himself, messed up the mother-son dance, started the toast before the bride and groom had their glasses in hand and hit on a guest.  It wasn't pretty.  The guy from You're Next just sounds like a huge hick.  He mispronounced lots of names (even though he had a pronunciation guide) and was very unprofessional sounding. 

Ed with Night Owl DJs is fabulous!

• besaw.2besaw.2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Centerstage Entertainment-- Mel Wiggins is the DJ. He's been very sweet and very quick to respond so far in the planning process. He's doing ceremony + reception for me (total of 9 hours) + Monogram Lighting + Uplighting for $1200. Pretty good deal for me-- especially since it's so long. Good luck! I don't have a baker yet either! :)
  • seseidelseseidel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Complete Music is great and resonable with their prices. 

As for cakes, check out Megan McCarthy of Cute Cakes

www.meganscutecakes.com  (we are doing cupcakes).  Did a tasting and they were amazing, and fresh even days later. 
  • edited December 2011
    I second Ed with Night Owl DJ's!
  • edited December 2011
    Nords Bakery off Preston street is who I'm going with.  We are getting married at Huber's Orchard and Winery and for the 3 tiered cake, 3 different flavors, decoration, and delivery/set up fee for 150 guests, it's only $300!  $1.95/slice.  The workers are amazing, and their cakes are the most delicious out of all that I've tasted.  And, if you go to taste with them- get a doughnut!  That's what they're famous for :)
  • edited December 2011
    Tod White is a good DJ, I think  he would be under "Spin Around DJ Services" or something like that.  He is a friend and has great reviews on lots of wedding boards.  And he is a member of the Louisville Wedding Network.
  • edited December 2011
    For my wedding cake I'm going with Flipside Cakes in Jeffersonville, IN. It's only 15 minutes from Louisville and Heather's cakes are amazing! I was actually fortunate enough to win my wedding cake from her but months before the drawing I had already ordered my cake! She is a state fair winner and is VERY reasonable. Not only are her cakes beautiful they are definitely delicious. She is so talented and and had the best prices out of any bakeries I had talked to. I think her number is 812-284-6455
  • edited December 2011
    I have an appointment to meet with Megan (Megan's Cute Cakes) but I do have to say I am a little nervous. I googled and found some mixed reviews, but that can happen with anyone I guess. She sounds too good to be true. I am looking into a 4 tier topsy turvy for $650 from her. "Out of home"  bakers make me a little nervous. What if she skips town?
  • crazygirl4134crazygirl4134 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My great aunt is doing our wedding cake and her regular prices are pretty reasonable. She is really sweet and great to work with. I can give you more information if you need it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards