New York-Western

I'm Back & I'm Married!

I’m back and I’m married!  I married my best friend last Saturday, August 6th, and the day couldn’t have been more perfect!  The weather called for rain all day, but it did not rain once!  We really lucked out.  Here are a few short reviews of our vendors.  If you want more information, pm me.

Photographer (Wendy Mitchell Photography):  A+++++!  WENDY IS AMAZING.  When I started to look for a photographer over a year ago, many that I liked were out of my budget.  Then I found Wendy and I fell in love!  Her style was just what I was looking for, her work is exquisite, and her prices are reasonable.  Our package included an e-shoot, 10 hours the day of the wedding, an album, and a disc (with rights) for every single picture she took.  My husband and I stalked her blog after the wedding and we were blown away once she posted our photos.  I could go on and on, but words can’t even express how great she is.  See for yourself!  http://www.wendymitchellphotography.com/blog/wedding/jeffrey-leanne-august-6-2011-buffalo-wedding-photography/

Florist (Maureen’s Wholesale, Downtown location):  A-!   I met with Maureen about 6 months before our wedding and she totally saw my vision, gave my helpful suggestions, and I got more flowers than I expected for way under budget!  My final appt. was with her assistant about 1 month before the wedding when we went over final details and delivery details.  On the morning of the wedding, my flowers were delivered to my house and every bouquet (including mine!) had UGLY tree ferns in them instead of leaves.  I freaked out, started crying, and immediately called them!   I never discussed whether there would be any greenery in the bouquets (lesson learned!) and I guess I just assumed if there was, it would be leaves.  I may have overreacted (I was emotional!), but they sent someone to my house (within 20 mins) with leaves.  She stood in my dining room taking apart every single bouquet (all 10 of them…) and replaced the hideous tree fern with leaves.  This was the only thing that went wrong on my day, and Maureen’s completely took care of it!

The dress (Bridal Chateau):  A+!  I got my Maggie Sottero gown at Bridal Chateau on Wherle Dr. in Williamsville.  They have a large selection and they were wonderful every step of the way.  I did have my alterations done here and I didn’t have any problems, although they were a little pricey.  I also got my veil here which was beautiful and reasonably priced.  Everyone I came in contact with was very nice and I would highly recommend them.

Tuxes (Tuxedo Junction):  C!  Out of my groom, 7 groomsmen and 3 fathers, 9 people had problems with their tuxes.  From jackets being too small or too big, pants being too long, shirts not fitting properly, etc.  9 of 11 people had to go back a second time to pick up their tuxedo.  I was so annoyed!  We had people go to the McKinley Mall, Boulevard, and Southgate locations, so it wasn’t even one location that was the problem.  I did call Corporate, but of course there wasn’t anything they could do and only apologized.  There only job is to measure you for a tuxedo and they got it right 2/11 times…?  It’s too bad they sort of have a monopoly on the tuxedo business.  Look elsewhere if you can!

Reception (Harbour Club inside HSBC Arena):  A++++!  Michele is the Manager and she is simply wonderful.  The room itself is gorgeous!  It’s not your typical banquet facility, so it may not be everyone’s taste, but it was just what we were looking for.  The Chef cooked for the Obamas, and I can’t tell you how many times people said it was the best wedding food they ever had.  During dinner, my husband and I watched Michele and her staff work like a well-choreographed dance.  I have never seen such impeccable service.  There were 2 servers per table and they were on top of every little thing.  The whole reception was perfection… Michele made my dream reception come true and I could not be happier.  Every little detail that I imagined, they executed flawlessly. 

Cake (Cakes by Beverly):  A+++!  Beverly is my husband’s grandmother who does cakes and desserts on the side.  If you look at the photos, you will see her attention to detail.  Everything tasted amazing!!  She is an extremely talented woman.  She is very reasonably priced.  PM me if you want her contact info.

Limo (S&S Limosine):  A-!  We got a limo bus from S&S.  They were average priced and they were on time for every pick up.  Our driver (whose name escapes me) laid out a red carpet every time we got in and out of the limo, he was very friendly, and he even brought us all bottled water while we were outside in the humidity.  The only thing I didn’t like was when I called to go over details for the day of and make payments, the girls I spoke to were sort of rude and acted like I was bothering them.  They also reminded me about tipping every single time I called in extreme detail… (I’m not an idiot…)

DJ and lighting (Signature Entertainment):  A+++!  If you are looking for a DJ, call Signature Entertainment.  They are owned by Mike Setlock (a local radio DJ).  We had DJ Sean and he was great!  Our dance floor was packed all night!  At both of our appointments, they went above and beyond to really find out what we liked and what music we wanted.  My husband and I are really into music and we were picky with what we wanted (and what we didn’t want) to be played.  I mentioned that I really like Dave Matthews (of course, not really reception music), and when I entered the room for the first time (right before cocktail hour) Sean had DMB playing.  I’ll always remember that!  They also did pink uplighting for us and because the Harbour Club has such high ceilings, they went the week before the wedding to see how the lighting would look.  They invited us to come along which was great because I got to see that they wanted everything to look perfect.  I was really impressed by their attention to detail and how they really got to know us and worked so hard to give us exactly what we wanted.

8/6/11 ~ Happily Ever After!

Re: I'm Back & I'm Married!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards