New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Bridal Shows

I know this is probably an odd question but does anyone know what the attire is for a bridal show?  I am going to one today and want to make sure I am not over/under dressed.  TIA!

Re: Bridal Shows

• Options
    edited December 2011
    wear whatever you want, they're pretty much a waste of time anyway lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah why do you think they are a waste of time? I was thinking of going to one at Anthony's Pier nine in the spring, but if they are a waste maybe not!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to disagree with you psichick. They are good; I found my florist there and was able to get $300 off because of the bridal show. You meet a lot of vendors and it helps you figure out what to look into and what you're interested in. A lot of times you win free stuff from giveaways which is also great. I think it's worth going to one for the first time.

Jaimie
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I figured I would go to just one to see what it was like and get some ideas.  One of the vendors that I wanted to meet with will be there and he is a bit of a drive if I wanted to meet with them at their house.  Thanks!

• Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I agree with Jaimie...disagree with psichick...I thought they were great...I went to three and found it a good way to meet some vendors and see what time of impression I got from them prior to contacing them (or not). 

It also can be a good way to taste the food at a venue you might be itnerested it

And, I know it is late but jeans are fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I didn't think it would be worth it either, especially since I've booked almost every vendor already... but I went last weekend and am getting 20% my order of favors AND getting my teeth whitened for FREE 2 weeks before the wedding.
    I wasn't even going to talk to the dental people, but my mom saw the sign. 
    So when you do go, it's definitely worth it to talk to everyone. 

• Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Some are definitely better than others. The ones at Villa Barone are awesome, I think I've heard good things about the one at Anthonys as well. We went to one at the Surf Club that was awful - there were hardly any vendors there at all. I didn't care for the one at the Comfort Inn either, but we went to it because that is where our room block was going to be and we wanted to see the rooms available. We also got a discounted rate on the block talking to the lady there so that helped.

All in all, I think we went to 5 (Villa Barone twice), and that is the only one I thought was good.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards