Outdoor Weddings
Options

Help! Need some ideas...

Me and my fiance are getting married at a winery in Missouri at the beginning of October.  We wanted something very simple outdoors.  We have both been married before so didn't want anything huge, but not just head to the courthouse either.  We are leaving the next day for Mexico for the honeymoon.  I just don't know what to do for decorations at the winery?  Anything?  My sister is taking photos and I have my dress and a bouquet, plus we are only going to have about 15 or 20 guests.  Just want some thoughts on how to do this.  Would I walk down an isle, or just stand in the gazabo with him?  Plus, what about music?  Would we need to play any?  All thoughts are welcome!  Thanks everyone!  :)

Re: Help! Need some ideas...

• Options
    joannami09joannami09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    I think romance when I think of a winery.  :) The venue probably does a lot for the environment already decor wise? so maybe...lots of candles, some rented black chairs and an aisle, maybe some cafe lights like in Italian restaurants? If it were me I'd have rose petals scattered on the aisle but that's because that's what I'm doing :). I guess it depends on the venue and if you have space for this, or what the space looks like. Because it's 15-20 guests you could do something special for favors like a personalized wine label on your favorite wine. Since they're the select 20 you've chosen they must be important! You can splurge and do a wine tasting and appetizer hour after the mini ceremony. I like that you're keeping it intimate and simple. If they had a patio dining area that'd be perfect...as far as music, if the winery has background music, that should suffice for most of the time. For other music (walking down the aisle) an ipod and rented speaker system might suffice?. Well, good luck! :) Congratulations!
  • Options
    -I think skipping music is less than ideal. -it can add so much to your ceremony and set the tone/mood for both ceremony & reception. With such an intamate setting I'd keep it low key though (light jazz in the backround?)
    -I agree with PP- candles! I'd float them! They'll really play up and add to the romantic feel!
    -Because walking down the isle can be symbolic of the journey, I'd keep it. You could even walk it together!
    -twinkle lights above could be nice too.
    -Honestly, to me, an outdoor fall wedding just screams "nature's simple beauty" -what if your centerpieces are pumpkins or squashes/gourds with a few leaves wrapped/scattered around them?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards