Rhode Island
Options

Venues in Westerly, RI

Any suggestions for venues in the Westerly, RI area?  Also any Kinney Bungalow brides?  Thanks!

Re: Venues in Westerly, RI

• Options
    chantz2387chantz2387 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Westerly there's Venice, the Andrea, or Winnapaug golf club. There's also the Ocean House in Watch Hill.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at Kinney Bungalow and loved it! The cocktails were outside in the garden area and then we went inside for dinner and dancing. It was cozy and felt like someone's home. It was awesome!
  • Options
    Bananna298Bananna298 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Venice in Westerly is nice and very very reasonable...probably the most reasonable in the state actually.  Ask for Patrick-he's wonderful.  My fiance and I met working weddings with him as our manager!!
  • Options
    We're having ours at the Windjammer in the event room. The Windjammer is on Misquamicut beach, on Atlantic Avenue. They recently re-did the whole place. The event room looks very nice, and they installed double doors leading out to the deck. There's a little terrace type thing out over the water where we are going to say our vows.
    Its worth checking out. What I know thus far: They require a non-refundable $100 deposit to book the date, and THEY REQUIRE you to use Dunn's Corner's Market for catering as part of their contract. DCM makes great food, but I really wish someone would've told me before we booked the venue that they weren't going to give us a choice. Bad form, Sally. Food is one of the places you can save a lot of money, esp if you do it yourself. They gave me a list of packages (you Can put your own together) and the most basic menu package was $46.50/person. x150 people. +20% 'service fee'. Thats close to $9,000 Just For Food!I personally think that is OBSCENE. Fortunately, his parents are paying for it, because we could never afford that. If that amount of money on food doesn't completely offend your senses, (or your budget!) check them out. The woman (Sally Sorenson) who handles event booking there is very on top of responding to emails and calls promptly.
    We're getting married this September. I will follow up with more information on the venue as it comes along.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards