South Asian Weddings

Ceremony music help - need song suggestions!!!

What ceremony music did you use (or are you using) for your ceremony? Also what songs are you using for the bride, groom, bridesmaids, and groomsmen entrances? Are there any other songs that we need for the ceremony? I am so in the dark when it comes to indian music so ANY song suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Our DJ is not indian (but has done a number of Indian weddings) so we'll need to give him some song suggestions. Thanks in advance!! :)

Re: Ceremony music help - need song suggestions!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_ceremony-music-help-need-song-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:08950f68-59b7-4672-940e-3ce00c6dbe96Post:7e4eb78e-ba8c-4c67-8346-32680aca7003">Ceremony music help - need song suggestions!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What ceremony music did you use (or are you using) for your ceremony? <strong>Also what songs are you using for the bride, groom, bridesmaids, and groomsmen entrances?</strong> Are there any other songs that we need for the ceremony? I am so in the dark when it comes to indian music so ANY song suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Our DJ is not indian (but has done a number of Indian weddings) so we'll need to give him some song suggestions. Thanks in advance!! :)
    Posted by Priya490[/QUOTE]

<div>For my catholic/CA wedding, i'm not sure what im coming out to but im sure its going to be traditional wedding instrumentals. For that reception, we're thinking of "Lets Get Married (Remix)" with RUN DMC. As for the NY Hindu wedding, our bridal party will be coming out to "You Make Me Feel" by Cobra Starship. FI LOVES that song.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just found the final instuctions for our DJ. Here is what we used:

Ceremony:

Groom's entrace: traditional shennai music

"Bridal Party" (in quotes because it was more just a flower girl and ring bearers) we used a traditional south Indian Nadaswarm track. (my family is Gujarati, but my dad prefered this for some reason)

My entrace - an instrumental piece from Swades (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5U4WDIjbnpI) Although I have also heard of people using "Latika's Theme" from the movie Slumdog Millionaire. It's a beautiful instrumental as well.

During our pheras, we used a traditional Gujarati song.

Reception:
    For our families we used "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

ExerciseMilestone
  • I love the "Hum dum soniye re" from Hum Tum, the instrumentals from Jodha Akbar, and the Bombay theme song. All are beautiful songs.  Another great option is "heartbeat" from the movie Kal Ho Na Ho (it's the instrumental version of the theme song). Very quiet and graceful song. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards