Kentucky-Louisville

My Vendor Reviews

Here are some vendor reviews and I hope they help future brides:

Rauch Planetarium: B  The place was beautiful but after rehearsal we went over 30 minutes about lighting (which we were charged for) and then on the day of the wedding, none of our lighting choices were used! I did like the fact that the seating was comfortable for the guests and there was a beautiful courtyard for pics.

Hall's Catering: A+   If you like homecooked food, then this is the place for you! For less than $2000 for 130 people we got 4 salads, 4 sides and 3 meats. Lots of good food and everytime we came to make a deposit we got to eat for free!

Couture de Bride (NJ): A   My wedding dress came out EXACTLY the way I wanted it to for half the price. The material was top notch and I received enough material to make a matching veil (rather hubby made the veil). Tova Marc was helpful and full of suggestions as a dressmaker especially since I was doing this while pregnant!

European Tailors: A I did not need alterations, just a bustle and they were very nice in helping me figure out the perfect bustle for my dress. They also had it done in about a week and were cheap!

Nicely Done Photography: A+  Ty Lockhart is an up-and-coming photog in Louisville and he was fabulous. He made us feel at ease and took pics that were tailored to our style and personality. He was also happy with the challenge of our unusually themed wedding and took pics ALL NIGHT!

Mary Jo Besspiata:  A  The wedding cake was DELICIOUS and just the way we wanted it. Not too sweet and not too bland. The cake was moist too. It's too bad that I was her last wedding customer.

Sawyer Hayes Community Center: A+  Robin Caldwell-Welch is fabulous and very helpful. She knows the venue and can help you to maximize the look for a little amount of money. She was very helpful in setting up too. The venue itself was beautiful with windows all around, the fireplace going and lots of forest and fields around the building. Everything was top notch.

Re: My Vendor Reviews

• inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From your post below, sounds like you had some mishaps, but I'm so glad that things went well in the end!  Congrats!
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There were some mishaps but the day was so memorable that it didn't matter. A friend of mine told me that even if the details were messed up, no one will notice if you don't make a big deal out of it. Just keep going as if the day is supposed to go like that.
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_vendor-reviews-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:a965f808-e631-4572-b30c-c7cb58484ce9Post:be4052dc-3166-4a1f-ba33-0837c07303c7">Re: My Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]There were some mishaps but the day was so memorable that it didn't matter. A friend of mine told me that even if the details were messed up, no one will notice if you don't make a big deal out of it. Just keep going as if the day is supposed to go like that.
    Posted by ladylum[/QUOTE]

So true!  The only people who won't know that things went exactly as planned are you, your FI, your DOC and maybe your mom or others who helped in the details.  So much of how that day goes is based upon the bride's reaction to things.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards