Louisiana-New Orleans

Did somebody say beignets?!

Hey NOLA ladies! I was thinking about having a midnight snack for my guests. I was thinking beignets (i know to die for)! Anyways Ive made beignets myself, but theyre  not as good as the orginals. I want my caterer to make them but shes never done it, where do I get a good recipe for her and would it be hard to make a batch (130) for my guests?? If its to hard then I wont do it but I so wanted to share beignets with my KY guests. Thanks ladies!!!

Re: Did somebody say beignets?!

• dandywarholdandywarhol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if it is good or not but Cafe du Monde has a beignet mix in a box.  Might be worth looking into.  

A quick google search for beignet recipes turned up a lot of hits.
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My blog My chart
  • edited December 2011
    Kirsten:

I use the mix when I have guests visiting & I'm too lazy to leave the house early on a Saturday/ Sunday morning.  They're easy to make.  You can usually find the mix at World Market or order it online from Cafe du Monde.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Kate504Kate504 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_did-somebody-say-beignets?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:fe1c1c71-49b4-42b3-bbc3-1681df132775Post:80451f78-7ac6-40c8-a008-8d35a183b8c9">Re: Did somebody say beignets?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kirsten: I use the mix when I have guests visiting & I'm too lazy to leave the house early on a Saturday/ Sunday morning.  They're easy to make.  You can usually find the mix at World Market or order it online from Cafe du Monde.
    Posted by red1115[/QUOTE]

My uncle makes them sometimes for us. I think i've even seen the mix in the grocery store. like winn dixie
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards