Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Bride walking down the aisle song ideas.

I am having an outdoor wedding in April and I do want to play music during it with the use of my laptop and I do not want to walk down the aisle to "Here Comes the Bride," so I am looking for alternative songs that I can walk down the aisle to.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bride walking down the aisle song ideas.

• edited December 2011
    I feel ya.. I have no clue what to walk down the isle too. I was told to listen to some vitamin string quartet songs.. So that is what I am doing.
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    i just picked a song that i love.  it has meaning to me and my fiance...but we didnt want to use it as our first dance song.  so i'm using the instrumental version for my aisle walk.
    oh!  its Here There Everywhere by the Beatles
  • sytomsytom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try going on iTunes...  There are lots of instrumental version of popular songs.  Try string quartet tribute.  I found some pretty great songs there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tovlehrertovlehrer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

my bro and his (now) wife just got married this past weekend.  it was on the beach and she played "somewhere over the rainbow"...the version with the yukalaylee (sp?) as she came down the aisle.  it was perfect for an outside, laid back vibe. 

• edited December 2011
    "What A Wonderful World"  Louis Armstrong
    "Love Me Tender" Elvis

Both timeless, romantic & unexpected!
  • edited December 2011
    I am in the same situation you are!  I really don't like the traditional music and honestly it would make me nervouse!  What I'm doing is having the wedding party walk down the isle to the song "Only Time" by Enya and have myself walk down the isle to "Only Hope" by Mandy Moore.....I really love both songs and thought they go well together.  Hope this helps :)
  • Carey115Carey115 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I want to walk down to Tom Petty - Here Comes My Girl... but with a string trio and piano... just waiting to see if the Catholic Church will approve... hope they do!

• edited December 2011
    i walked down to "i could not ask for more" by sarah evans.  one of the girls i graduated h.s with sang and played her guitar for me.  we were right by the river but the acoustics were amazing.  i also thought about darius ruckers "history in the making"  good luck and congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to an outdoor wedding this past weekend and the bride came down the aisle to  You are My Sunshine. It was so sweet! If you want something more upbeat you could do Going to the Chapel of Love by the Dixie Cups.
  • edited December 2011
    Our bridal party is walking up to Crazy Love (the Aaron Neville version), then we're walking up to the PM's Love Theme from the Love Actually soundtrack...there are about 3-4 instrumentals on that soundtrack that are beautiful and I think somewhat popular for weddings. 
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using a segment of the track "Return of the King" from the movie, the part before Viggo Mortenson starts singing. Movies are great places to find music, since soundtracks are tailored to create very specific feelings.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jJnyyta07k) I'm thinking I'd like it to start fading out around 1:03. I don't even know if the trip down to the gazebo will take that long.
    "Anyone can passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly." -Rose Franken Photobucket www.hyperboleandahalf.com (Post: This Is Why I'll Never Be an Adult)
  • edited December 2011
    And I forgot about my Bridal Party. They get Track 2, "Concerning Hobbits" from The Fellowship of the Ring. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw
    "Anyone can passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly." -Rose Franken Photobucket www.hyperboleandahalf.com (Post: This Is Why I'll Never Be an Adult)
  • edited December 2011
    what a wonderful world by IZ..you can find it on itunes. he has a really long name but that is his nickname.
  • edited December 2011
    I can't decide between "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds or "Feels Like Home" by Chantel Kreviazuk
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 197 invited to celebrate!
    image 187 Are ready to party! image 10 Are missing out! image 0 Make me stalk the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: September 2nd
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards