Ohio-Cincinnati

Norman Chapel (no a/c), August Wedding?

Has anyone been married at Norman Chapel at Spring Grove in the summer? 

My fiance and I are interested, but we've already booked our reception site for 8/24/13. We're concerned about the no air conditioning situation.

Thoughts?

Re: Norman Chapel (no a/c), August Wedding?

• Oh boy, I think you need to consider renting some big fans or something. End of August isn't a time to gamble on whether or not it's going to be too hot for your guests (and you) to breathe.
    Anniversary
  • My SIL was a groomsman for a July wedding at the chapel, he said it was awful.  They did not have fans, the bride thought they would be too noisy.  This was about 4 years ago
  • Definitely look at something. Do fans as programs and get those people some fans. That's definitely going to be hot.
  • We had a July wedding. The church had old A/C, which isn't very powerful. We provided our guests with fans, but it was like circulating hot humid air around. I would definitely consider renting industrial fans.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Im getting married in a church that doesnt have A/C either... I heard of a good idea to make your programs shaped as fans for your guest to use if its too hot.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My sister was married at Norman Chapel in June of this year... It was 98* that day! We choose to use fan through out but all it did was push the hot air around. There is also no cool room to stay in prior. If she would have known it was going to be that bad she would have choose some place different.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_norman-chapel-no-ac-august-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:1b3a3e4f-3de9-4a6c-839f-443e4512b52aPost:1606f71f-d07e-479a-a606-8065d866b6f2">Norman Chapel (no a/c), August Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone been married at Norman Chapel at Spring Grove in the summer?  My fiance and I are interested, but we've already booked our reception site for 8/24/13. We're concerned about the no air conditioning situation. Thoughts?
    Posted by Klh101090[/QUOTE]
  • We were in July - at a different location - without AC on. Our ceremony was at 10:30am..however.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My wedding was last September 9/10/11 and luckily the weather that day was mid 70's. No problems with heat but I did make the programs into a fan style.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards