California-Bay Area
Options

Welcome bag ideas

Anyone have any ideas of what to put in a welcome bag for out of town guests staying in the blocked out hotel rooms?  I thought maybe a welcome note, a map of SF, and a couple of snacks.  I'm already doing Ghirardelli chocolates for the wedding favors, so I can't do that.  I don't know what else of SF to put in there that isn't expensive.  Most of the guests are coming from Brazil, so I also have to keep in mind that English may be a challenge for them.  Thanks!

Re: Welcome bag ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    -definitely a bottle or 2 of water
    -advil
    -tums

SF related things:
    -thatchers popcorn
    -something sourdough?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pre-stamped SF postcards.  Address one to you, and leave 2 more blank for whoever they want.

It's also OK to include non-SF specific snacks, like chips or mixed nuts or fruit.  Water & food are always appreciated when you've flown 15+ hours!

It's also nice to include a welcome packet with contact phone numbers, timeline for key events of the wedding celebration, welcome note, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you could also put ghiradelli hot chocolate in there.  they can make that in their rooms if they want to!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's a few things we're putting in our bags (that haven't been mentioned yet):

• Mini-bag of Peet's coffee (started in Berkeley)
    • Two Buck Chuck from Trader Joe's
    • Bag of Jelly Belly's (based out of Fairfield)
    • A San Francisco magnet
    • Some DIY Do-Not-Distrub signs

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out this website... www.PartyGuestEssentials.com... they sell fully ASSEMBLED hotel welcome bags and more, and the prices are very good!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing some custom playing cards for the down time in the hotel and also microwave popcorn since the rooms all have microwaves.  Have fun!
    September 2011 March Siggy Challenge
    We had a great Wedding Party
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards