Connecticut

Bridesmaid Dress Shopping Trip to NYC

Hello!

I am going into NYC next week with my bridal party and we are on the hunt for the perfect dress.  We are already going to J Crew Bridal, but need a second   store.  We are looking for shorter styles in a light fabric (outside July wedding).  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rachel :)

Re: Bridesmaid Dress Shopping Trip to NYC

• cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you ever heard of two birds? A friend of mine decided to use them for her BM dresses.  Basically one dress and can be worn 25 different ways.  I was skeptical at first but I saw them in person and they were gorgeous on all the BMs.  I would say def an option to check out.  Their website is www.twobirdsbridesmaid.com.  Hope it helps!

Anniversary
  • megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bella Bridesmaid has a store in NYC and has a great selection.
  • Laurensara18Laurensara18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't laugh, but I went to Here Comes the Bridesmaid. I am also getting married in July and they had some really great shorter dresses. I ended up loving the Watters and Watters (style 5222) because it's simple and flattering on all body types. Happy shopping!
  • jetta727jetta727 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    RK Bridal has a huge selection but it's a bit disorganized. Your arms will definitely get a workout by pushing dresses after dresses off the racks!
  • edited December 2011

I second RK, it's cheap b/c you have to look yourself and there's no pampering or "no-frills" as they call it.  I ordered my Flower Girls dress from there.  You can also try Bloomingdales or Macys on the 4th floor (their NYC store is way better than any store in CT). BCBG is near Grand Central, they sometimes have 20% off the whole store.  Lord and Taylor's is inbetween a Macy's and Bloomies and is right down the street from BCBG.  I work in NYC and those are the places I checked out.  J. Crew annoyed me w/ having to make an apt to look at BM dresses. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards