Delaware

Checks!

I booked a second hotel block at the Days Inn Newark.  I wanted to give my guests a less expensive option (we already have a block at the Courtyard Marriott Christiana).  For those who are interested, we got the block rate of $64/night (same for king rooms and double queen rooms)

I booked my cake tasting!  We get our cake with our reception package, and the cake is with Cakes by Kim.  I can't wait; I also plan on ordering a grooms cake for FI (he wants one soooo bad!).

I booked a meeting with my centerpiece florist.  The centerpieces are included with the reception package, but we have to use their approved florists.  We are using Elana's Broad Street Florist in Middletown (I talked to my regular florist, and she said they have a decent reputation, which makes me feel better).

We booked the limo (well, almost)!  We went with the 9 pass limo van from Buker's.  It's the cheapest I found ($300 for 3 hours, $85 each add'l hour), but more than that, it alleviates the fears I had of a regular stretch limo.  Because of my surgery, I won't be able to bend at the waist and all that, and while I will be out of recovery time, I am still too uncomfortable to take the risk of bending and stretching to get in and out of a regular limo.  With this limo (which looks like a mini limo bus, not really a van), I can walk straight in and out of it, but don't have to pay the cost of a regular limo bus.  It's so nice inside, too!  We have it reserved, and just have to do the deposit.

We also booked my mom's transportation.  Since my mom's car will be at the reception hall, we needed a way to get her, my grandmother, and my sister's 5 kids from the church to the hall (they are riding with us from the house to the church in the limo).  My sister and BIL are in the WP, so my mom agreed to watch the kids, but we needed transportation for all of them.  We got them a nice black SUV, which will fit all of them comfortably.

I am on a roll!  Now to move on to the directions insert for the invitations, stuff the invites together, address them all, and send them out!

Re: Checks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards