Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Forever by Chris Brown

I'm picking out music for our ceremony and I currently have the traditional Cannon in D Minor for the processional.

I really want to do something fun, an upbeat for the recessional and I though about "We Are Family" but I just love "Forever" by Chris Brown. 

I know in The Office is was their processional, but has anyone seen it done for the recessional (no funky dance to it though!)?

Any other unique, upbeat suggestions?

Anniversary

Re: Forever by Chris Brown

• Options
    Just a suggestion, I wouldn't do "Forever" by Chris Brown. I know they did it on the Office, but that was based on a Youtube video, and a very outdated one at that. Anyone who saw that video will probably think your choice is cheesy, and if you don't do that dance you might just get people rolling their eyes and groaning. Please don't be offended, I don't mean to insult you. I just say this because my cousin used "Forever" as her recessional without the dance, and people were actually whispering about it later saying it was weird.

I would suggest "This Will Be" by Natalie Cole. I had a friend who used this as her recessional, and it was cute.  Another random but cute suggestion, based on a wedding I went to for a friend who was a bit of a Disney junky, is "Hakuna Matata" from the Lion King. Because, really, doesn't getting married kind of feel like no worries? :P
  • Options
    I wouldn't play any son by Chris Brown at my wedding. He doesn't really represent love... in any way. And, IMO, neither does that song. Do you have any other choices you've been thinking about? What are some of your other ceremony songs so we can get a feel for what the mood is?
  • Options
    Yeah. Chris Brown beat the crap out of his girlfriend (Rihanna). No way I would play one of his songs at my wedding.

Also, isn't "Forever" in a gum commercial?
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_forever-chris-brown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:60ecafbd-80b1-465c-9057-3faf048be47dPost:16aab655-f166-48e1-900c-fbd7a2ced3ba">Re: Forever by Chris Brown</a>:
    [QUOTE] Anyone who saw that video will probably think your choice is cheesy, and if you don't do that dance you might just get people rolling their eyes and groaning.
    Posted by LittleMissCutiePie[/QUOTE]

This. Anytime I hear that song, that's the only thing I think about...that horrible dance routine. I agree though, you should pick something happy and upbeat! I'm actually stuck on this too =/
  • Options
    I personally like it!! Youtube video, Office (which was hilarious by the way), Chris Browns reputation aside:: it is a great song that has words that make complete sense for a wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards