Wedding Party

ring bearer gifts

does anyone have any ideas for good ring bearer gifts? My ring bearers are 2 and a half yrs old. I want to give them something special that they will have later on, so I'm not feeling all these cheesy toy gifts and things like that meant for children (esp. since they're too young to care anyway). I got my flower girl a pair of nice "real" earrings, and I'm trying to find an equivalent gift for the boys. Any ideas?

Re: ring bearer gifts

• geez, sorry i asked...
  • Bwahahahahahahahhhahahaha!  This whole post is hilarious.

My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • it would be hilarious if it wasn't so unnecessarily obnoxious... wtf
  • <div>[QUOTE]does anyone have any ideas for good ring bearer gifts? My ring bearers are 2 and a half yrs old. I want to give them something special that they will have later on, so I'm not feeling all these cheesy toy gifts and things like that meant for children (esp. since they're too young to care anyway). I got my flower girl a pair of nice "real" earrings, and I'm trying to find an equivalent gift for the boys. Any ideas?
    Posted by saspras[/QUOTE]
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ring-bearer-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:39cc003f-936f-436b-9eea-722ca7d6627aPost:6e6ebfc0-e479-4fd6-a39a-e66a360a4df4">Re: ring bearer gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]well my post was different, i'm trying to figure out something they would appreciate later on in life that's worth a little more.
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • What's wrong with making him happy now?

If you really want something he won't use get him a tie tack or a watch.  I guess you could get him a small toy and a giftcard.  That way he is actually happy and you can feel like he will get something that will make him happy in the future.
    bio
  • i posted that i was stressed out enough about other wedding crap and i didn't come on here looking for you people to bitch me out over what was a very simple and innocent question. what the hell is your problem? seriously? there is no reason to be this rude and obnoxious to someone who posted a simple question about a freaking ring bearer gift.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ring-bearer-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:39cc003f-936f-436b-9eea-722ca7d6627aPost:f4443d2b-4237-46a0-acd6-848246bc3c7a">Re: ring bearer gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Now she's run over to Chit Chat to whine about "getting her head bitten off" and talking about how our response was unfair to her because she's stressed out about people not RSVPing and possibly not making her venue minimum.  If anyone can figure out what that has to do with RB gifts or this post, please clue me in.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

<div>Come on Stage, couldn't you tell from her OP that she was stressed about RSVP's and venue minimums.  Why would you even worry about venue minimums?  Venues really don't care how many people you have as long as the get x amount of money.   RSVP's aren't a big deal either.  Call them, if they don't respond call them again and leave them a message that if you do not hear from them my x date then you will not be able to accommodate them at the reception.</div>
    bio
  • saspras- go take a nice long bath or shower.  It will help you relax and ease your mind and allow you to think more clearly.  I can understand getting stressed, go take some "you time" and then come back to wedding stuff.
    bio
  • maybe you should "grow up", as i seriously don't see where basically attacking someone who is obviously stressed already is mature behavior. there is no need to be so confrontational. i asked a simple question, and i didn't say my life or post was "special" or anything else. i was simplely trying to point out the difference so that i might get a more helpful suggestion. this is so unnecessary.
  • whatever, like i said sorry i asked. won't make that mistake again.
  • Well, I tried to be helpful, but obviously she only reads/responds to the comments she deems negative.
    bio
  • Wow! 

I was a flower girl in my cousin's wedding when I was 5.  She gave me a savings bond and a small porcelain doll.  I had no idea what a savings bond was at that time, but I loved the porcelain doll.  I found the savings bond not too long ago and it was worth a good amount!  Something like that might fit the gift idea you're going for.  He'd be able to cash in the savings bond later in life (maybe for college expenses) and he'll think of your wedding.

I do recommend getting something small that a 2.5 year old could appreciate now, as well.  My nephews loved trains, dump trucks, and blocks when they were that age.   
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • blackfire, sorry, i was really frustrated at the time but you had a good suggestion so thanks.

and thank you leeshab, that is a really helpful idea. i might go with that.
  • You know, I actually would have given you a gift suggestion if you didn't go biting everybody else's head off for trying to bring you back to reality, since you're putting way too much thought into this very trivial matter and clearly letting your other wedding stress carry over into your Knot postings.

Ok, I'll still do that: buy him something he will like now. What does he play with now? I have 2 brothers that were both 2 year-old boys once upon a time. You know where 98% of the gifts they received when they were 2 currently reside? Well, I don't either, because aside from the stuff they chose to be sentimental about (Like the baby blanket my great-grandmother crocehted for one of them, and the first teddy bear of the other), everything else was donated to Goodwill when it became "baby stuff" to them. Unless you plan on giving this kid something he can use until college, there's a very good possibility whatever trinket you give him for being in your wedding is not going to have "staying power" past the age of 7.

The girl will probably like the earrings when she's older, if her parents let her get her ears pierced, but she's not going to think of being in your wedding (Or "get sentimental" as you put it) every time she wears them. In fact, there's an excellent chance that after the first few times she wears them she won't think about your wedding at all when she puts them on (And the first few times she does, it will be because you and/or her parents are going to make a big fuss that these earrings where her FG gift).

Plus, the kid is 2. He's not even going to remember your wedding. That's not an insult, that is just a fact about 2 year-olds. So essentially, you've been a jerk and gotten all bent out of shape over finding this perfect gift for him to get sentimental about for an event that he will not remember.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I gotta agree, guys, I think the hammer came down a bit too quick on this girl. (Although I don't see how guest list issues fit into the situation ... I've got guests dropping out left and right for my Saturday wedding, too, but there's nothing I can do about that and it doesn't affect my life otherwise. But, anyway ...)

My suggestion was going to be something for right now that he can enjoy - book, toy, candy - and maybe a savings bond or a collectible coin or car or something. Like PPs said, though, he's not going to remember being in your wedding so he's not going to look at a keepsake and think, "Oh, Aunt Maria's wedding was so great!" So I wouldn't go nuts about a "sentimental" keepsake that will evoke memories, because he's not going to have any memories of your wedding. IMO something like the bond would be better because then he can put it toward college or buying a house someday and think, "Aunt Maria was really thoughtful to think about my adulthood like this."

Because if it's going to be put away for him until he gets older anyway, it may as well be something that increases in value as it's stored away.
  • When the same issue is on the first page, I don't think it's too harsh to say "check out the other post."
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_ring-bearer-gifts-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:39cc003f-936f-436b-9eea-722ca7d6627aPost:e7652fc4-758b-4bc9-9713-b679b465f981">Re: ring bearer gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]blackfire, sorry, i was really frustrated at the time but you had a good suggestion so thanks. and thank you leeshab, that is a really helpful idea. i might go with that.

I love when only certain people are thanked, and everyone else is a mean, mean lady!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Guys, no need to be THAT snarky off the bat.

But OP, be aware that the boards ARE snarky.

Remember, the gift is for the boy - not for you.  You can always go with two things - something cute and something that will be long lasting.
  • yeah this was a little rude...if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything...its HER day so she should do it HER way and if she wants to get something special for her kids, then so be it.  I feel the same as her and I'm having trouble as well. this site is for advice so unless you have any useful advice, keep to yourself. If you wanna talk crap go to facebook and talk to people who might care about what you have to say.

I got my ring barer a tshirt from Michaels that says "RING SECURITY" and a badge to go with it but thats because my boyfriend is a cop so its knid of funny but if you like the idea go check out michaels.  Other than that I'm stuck...hahaha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Soccerchica, I think people calmed down when the thread died a few months ago.

Remember, it may be the bride's wedding day but gifts should be about the receipient - not necessarily the event.
  • What is with the newbs reviving months' old threads?  I don't understand how they even get to them...
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards