July 2013 Weddings
Options

cost for your dj?

Would any of you mind sharing an average of what you're paying and what's included ( how many hours,up lighting, etc) I have an opportunity to get a bilingual dj (a nice to have) but I'm wondering if it'll be worth it...
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: cost for your dj?

• Options
    We have not put a security deposit down yet but we are very interested in a Dj that will roughly cost $1,500 this includes uplighting, 5hours of service, and pre-wedding meetings to go over everything we want for the wedding, he also does monograms on the dance floor...hope this helps
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker July 2013 Knotties April Siggy Challenge - Why July? July 20th 2013 We both love summer!
  • Options
    Hmm.. just makes me think if I should look elsewhere. Thanks for the info!!!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm actually meeting with a DJ Wednesday that I will probably go with and they cost about 1200 (as of last year). I'll keep you ladies posted after the meeting about what that includes. 
  • Options
    I'm looking into a dj that my manager mentioned to me(she also does florals and has seen him at a few weddings she's done).  According to her, he's only about $600.  But then again it could also be related to where we are.  DJ prices probably vary by region.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    I think it's important to get a DJ that "does this on the side" if you are looking for a deal. Someone who does this for a living is going to be more expensive than someone who has a day job but does this for extra money or because he likes it.

My DJ is on the radio, so that's his job. He's going to be $800 for both the ceremony and the reception (about 8 hours in two different locations). He's gotten the best reviews around here, so I was shocked. Someone ELSE we priced (who does this for a living) was $3,000 and pressured me, saying "DJ is the most important cost!!!" I disagreed totally and went with someone else.
  • Options
    Wow. We have a radio dj that does weddings as a side job and he quoted nearly double your 800$. On goes our search...

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Ours will cost no more than $650+tax. Our venue has a deal worked out with the company, so they'll be there the entire reception and provide all the equipment and lighting I believe (I haven't looked into it that closely yet). 

FI's Mom is going to try to get a deal through someone she knows as well. We'll see which one comes out to be less, but she thinks she can get him for around $500 (that would be a personal favour to her). We'll see!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    Mine will cost about a grand. Not too thrilled about that because I know we can get a better price from someone else but it's important to FI and the guy will be good because he just bought about 20k in speakers and lights from FI's store lol!
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Hello
    I got married in Danvers last February (2011) and paid $750.  He was awesome.  Did the ceremony music, cocktail hour music and the reception.  He also gave us CDs of all the music that was played.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards