November 2012 Weddings
Options

Nov 24th...couple days after Thanksgiving, and day after "black friday"

Is it cutting it close? Do you think it would a problem to have the wedding so close to Thanksgiving?!

My family and friends all live in the same state, we all live within a half hour or less of each other. I'm I'm just worried if people will be traveling out of town they wouldn't be able to make it
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Nov 24th...couple days after Thanksgiving, and day after "black friday"

• Options
    I was thinking the same thing. Honestly though, I'd either do it on that Sunday or push it back to December 1st or up to November 17th (that's why I decided on the 17th). Good luck! :)
  • Options
    I guess it depends on your guest list and how many are traveling. In my famliy I wouldn't put it close to a holiday, I would hate for people to have to choose between traveling for my wedding and traveling for their family. Thankfully Canadian Thanksgiving is in October and this is somthing we don't have to worry about.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_nov-24thcouple-days-after-thanksgiving-day-after-black-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:6fe4abee-22b4-462a-9b0b-31a22ac216a6Post:03660afe-8b64-4f67-ae56-cd4700f187e0">Re: Nov 24th...couple days after Thanksgiving, and day after "black friday"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess it depends on your guest list and how many are traveling. In my famliy I wouldn't put it close to a holiday, I would hate for people to have to choose between traveling for my wedding and traveling for their family. Thankfully Canadian Thanksgiving is in October and this is somthing we don't have to worry about.
    Posted by bridezillatobe2009[/QUOTE]

We all live within a half hour of each other, so there wont be any traveling that has to be done for the wedding, however im just worried about my guests having to travel away for thanksgiving and not being home in time for the wedding :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mine's the same day... we are trying to plan to have everyone do Thanksgiving at our house. A great way for both familys to meet and stuff, then Friday the "rehearsal dinner" would be a kind of repeat for everyone who was not able to make it on Thursday... I have the same concern that you do but I'm sure with enough advance notice, your guests and family will make the plans to be back in time...
    The Taylors est. 11/24/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_nov-24thcouple-days-after-thanksgiving-day-after-black-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:6fe4abee-22b4-462a-9b0b-31a22ac216a6Post:76c22b3e-b8b8-4210-9aee-8338119f9a05">Re: Nov 24th...couple days after Thanksgiving, and day after "black friday"</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mine's the same day... we are trying to plan to have everyone do Thanksgiving at our house. A great way for both familys to meet and stuff, then Friday the "rehearsal dinner" would be a kind of repeat for everyone who was not able to make it on Thursday... I have the same concern that you do but I'm sure with enough advance notice, your guests and family will make the plans to be back in time...
    Posted by megguinness[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help! Im glad I found a date twin! YAY! What planning have you done? I have deposits on the church and reception site, and possible colors picked out so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    oh boy... I have barely done anything, I want to get my venue first and plan around that but I am having trouble finding anything I like :-/ I know my colors (wine and cream) and I know I want outdoors with a "southern fall festival charm" feel to it... everything around here is either way expensive or too fancy for my vision, you know? (Jacksonville, FL area) I know a few small details that I want but I feel like once I have venue I can really get down and dirty on planning! LOL
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_nov-24thcouple-days-after-thanksgiving-day-after-black-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:6fe4abee-22b4-462a-9b0b-31a22ac216a6Post:7249b727-bf2e-40b8-964a-c6d1dee34ca4">Re: Nov 24th...couple days after Thanksgiving, and day after "black friday"</a>:
    [QUOTE]oh boy... I have barely done anything, I want to get my venue first and plan around that but I am having trouble finding anything I like :-/ I know my colors (wine and cream) and I know I want outdoors with a "southern fall festival charm" feel to it... everything around here is either way expensive or too fancy for my vision, you know? (Jacksonville, FL area) I know a few small details that I want but I feel like once I have venue I can really get down and dirty on planning! LOL
    Posted by megguinness[/QUOTE]

I really really really wanted an outdoor wedding as well! But being in Illinois the weather is very unpredictable, so it could snow/rain. I really couldnt find any venues I wanted, I had found  a resturant that  was built to look like a  barn, so it had a rustic feel. Turns out the restaurant is shut down :( So I had to settle on a typical hall rental :/ I know what ya mean about everything being so pricey, its crazy on how much things are...and we only have a budget of $5,000 - if its even that much. My colors (i think) will be charcoal, deep red and some orange!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Reply to:"I really really really wanted an outdoor wedding as well! But being in Illinois the weather is very unpredictable, so it could snow/rain. I really couldnt find any venues I wanted, I had found  a resturant that  was built to look like a  barn, so it had a rustic feel. Turns out the restaurant is shut down :( So I had to settle on a typical hall rental :/ I know what ya mean about everything being so pricey, its crazy on how much things are...and we only have a budget of $5,000 - if its even that much. My colors (i think) will be charcoal, deep red and some orange! "

**Thats about my budget too! this weekend I am going to look at the county faigrounds... you can rent a barn or little pavillion for $100-$300 at least here. So wish me luck that there isn't already an event happening that day! LOL I also want a bagpiper to play the ceremony..that would be cool... next on the list to find!Laughing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards