Chit Chat

Something to replace the slide show??

I am looking for something to do at the reception to replace the slide show. I still kind of want to do something, but not the normal slide show that everyone does. Definitely not interested in games, is there anything else that can be done at a reception?

THANKS!

Re: Something to replace the slide show??

• How about a trivia game about the b and g? Like "how did they meet?" etc.

Tables would be teams and you could have prizes.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Sorry I fail....you specifically said NO games. Oh well.
    My Planning Bio
  • Not everyone does a slideshow.  Why must you replace something not required with something else not required?

That's just my take on it.  It isn't required, most of the guests probably won't miss it, and there is no need to fill up time with anything else.

• Ditto pps. I also did not do a slide show and my wedding did not stop to a halt!
    My Planning Bio
  • My DD did not have a slide show, and I don't think anyone missed it.  My son and DIL had one playing on a loop on a laptop off to the side.  I don't really know how many people viewed it.

I personally don't see the appeal of them.  I'm not crazy about passive activities at wedding receptions:  those that make everyone stop what they're doing and sit and watch a screen.

My DD made a large (poster sized) collage of photos of the two of them from baby through adult.  It was displayed on an easel by the cake table.  People could walk up to it, point to pictures, talk about when they were taken.  It was a  more active presentation.

If anything, I'd prefer that.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I agree, nothing needs to replace the slideshow, it won't be missed!
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I've never seen a slideshow at a wedding reception.  As long as you have good food, drinks, and music, people will enjoy the party.  You don't need to come up with some other way to entertain them.
  • I've seen a slideshow at a RD, not a reception. I have to also say that I was bored stiff watching  a 20 minute slideshow of photos of the b&g after about 3 minutes.
    My Planning Bio
  • I'd never seen a slide show before the last reception I attended. 
  • Yes, to echo PPs, I've never seen it at a classy wedding reception. Only RDs.
  • I would rather get to talk to the guests at my table duing dinner than watch a slideshow anytime. The pics all start to look alike. Same couple, different location again and again and again.
  • you can replace it with good food, mingling, dancing, music, people taking pictures.
    if you want to incorporate pics, how about a inexpensively framed photos on a hallway wall. or a digital photoframe on the cake table.

i am planning on doing a slideshow because our reception is in our home theater so we have built in a/v system with a projection screen, but it will be set small and just as background stuff, not an actual time-filler.

10-10 siggy favorite summer picture Image and video hosting by TinyPic http://hiscb.blogspot.com/
  • Thank you for all the posts! Definitely not worrying about it at all now! I love the idea of pictures hanging from ribbon, almost as decorations. Possibly going to try that.
  • A friend of mine had one, and though it was nice of her brother to put it together for them, it did get rather boring.  And emotional when it showed their distance while he was in Japan in the Marines. 

If you are at all interested in pictures, you can frame them and place them around your reception.  small 4x6 pics  on tables, or 8x10s around exterior
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards