Michigan-Detroit
Options

invitation etiquette

my friends say it's rude to send wedding invitations before my shower. 

agree/disagree?

Re: invitation etiquette

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They really aren't related.  It all depends on the timing of the shower vs when your wedding is.  Just ensure anyone who is invited to the shower is also invited to the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto.  Some people have showers within a month or so of their wedding so it would be even more inconsiderate to wait until the last minute to send wedding invites.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs.  When you send out each just depends on the dates of each event, they aren't related to each other at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally disagree with your friends... if anything, I think it's better to know you're invited to the wedding than receive a shower invite and be like "oh, I guess there's a wedding!"  I got around this a bit by sending save the dates.  I agree with the other knotties - the invites are really not related to each other and base your sending on when the dates of the wedding and shower are.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I disagree with your friends as well. From my understanding typically you send wedding invites out 2-3 months in advance. within my circle of friends/family the shower is no more then 2 months before the wedding. i would rather know i'm invited to the wedding then the shower. I'd be PO'd if i got a shower invite and not a wedding invite to follow.
    if anything send the shower invite, then shortly after send the wedding invite but send the wedding one before the rsvp deadline for the shower so you'r attendees know they're invited to both. (thats if, your friends are being stubborn and pushing for shower invites first)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards