New York-New York City
Options

NYC area bride meetup?

Hi everyone,
I'm starting a meet-up of NYC area brides.

If you'd like to go out for coffee with fellow New Yorkers who are also going through this crazy adventure of wedding planning, please drop a line.

I got the idea to start this meetup after getting in a bit of a rut with my own wedding planning. I find planning a wedding can get lonely and isolating sometimes - it's such a unique, unusual time in your life, and I think only other people who are going through or have gone through the same thing really understand.

While my fiancee, family and friends are really supportive - sometimes it's nice just to chat with other brides. These online forums are great, but I think it would be nice if there was an opportunity to chat face to face too. I'd be happy to listen to how your wedding planning is going, any delimnas you're facing, rants and raves, and vice versa.

I propose meeting in a coffee shop in a central location in Manhattan.
If you're interested, please r.s.v.p with what's a good time for you to meet up. You can message me privately too. I work a flexible, freelance schedule, so I can work around your time frame.

A little about me: 29 year old female, writer, also work for an educational nonprofit, live in lower Manhattan, getting married this April. 

Re: NYC area bride meetup?

• Options
    i am getting married in may - would definitely be up for this
  • Options
    I am totally down for this. I think my MOH is tired of hearing me talking wedding. lol I'm getting married in May as well. I'm free Fridays and Sundays.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi guys,
    I am SO sorry - I just saw your replies to my message now! I thought The Knot emailed you when someone replied to your thread (because that was the case on other Knot threads I messaged on. Don't know what happened here). So sorry for not replying to you guys before now!

Anyway - I would definitely still be up for meeting, if you still are

Thanks for resonding, all - and sorry I didn't see your responses till now!

~Ruth

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards