North Carolina-Outer Banks

Pre & Post Wedding Activites

Happy Monday Ladies!

I am right around the 6 month mark! Time flies huh?

I was wondering if you:
-Had a rehersal dinner: If so, do you mail out invitations? Did they match the wedding invitations? Vista Print is having a decent sale today, and I was thinking of using them for the rehersal invites?

-Have a brunch the day after the wedding? If so, where? We will have about 80 people at our wedding, and it seems like most places are pretty small, or they don't open until late afternoon.

Thanks in advance!!
115 Invited image
73 Accepted image
37 Declined image
5 Are MIA image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pre & Post Wedding Activites

• We are hosting a rehearsal dinner at the home my future in-laws rented, and we are having Pigmans BBQ cater it.  My in-laws created their own invitation and sent it out about two weeks after we sent the official invitation.

For the day after, we are too hosting it at the in-laws (since there's a pool) and just getting duck donuts and my mother-in law will be making Palachinka (e.g. Crepes in Croatian).  We are only inviting the wedding party and other close friends.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think our rehearsal dinner is going to end up being a welcome dinner for all guests, so I'm going to put that info on an insert in with the invite, and include it on our RSVP cards.  Though I wouldn't have minded using another invitation - I love any excuse for stationery! :) 

We are having a breakfast after the wedding rather than brunch.  We're having it early and aiming for more like a continental breakfast than a brunch because a lot of our guests need to hit the road early (yikes).  Probably just trays of fruit, danish, bagels, etc.  Hope I don't regret this - brunch is one of my favorite meals!

I had a similar question last month asking about a catered brunch and folks mentioned Red Sky, Good Life Gourmet, and Black Pelican.

I wonder if the hotels like the Hilton Garden Inn do brunch?  Though they may be prepping any space that large for a Sat wedding?
  • We ended up doing a welcome dinner instead of a rehearsal dinner so we just put it on our website and in the welcome bags. We also spread it by word of mouth. It was super informal, but so fun because we were sooo excited to be getting married the next day. I loved getting to spend time with everyone before the wedding because the wedding day can be so rushed.

We did Saturday brunch at The Dunes. Most of our guests ordered the breakfast buffet and it was really reasonable cost wise. They let us have the entire bar area for that so it worked out well.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • After our rehersal are hosting a catered welcome pool party in the afternoon at our rental home and inviting everyone who is in town in lieu of a formal rehersal dinner.  It's going to be the party before the party sort of!  We included the info on the RSVP with the invitation mailing and on our website.  For the most part we'll know who's in town and will spread the word.  The day after we're getting up at our leisure and celebrating with only the WP and family at the rental home with a big, casual breakfast in our JUST MARRIED t-shirts :)   No makeup and hair for me!  Our wedding is on Friday too so most of our guests are checking out and leaving Saturday so we didn't want to do anything formal.
    Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards