Flowers

Brown Flowers??

My cousin is doing brown and pink for her wedding and wants to use a mix of browns and pinks in her flowers.  So, I was wondering what flowers look good either dyed brown or that come in brown??

TIA

Re: Brown Flowers??

• Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mums come in a copper brown shade.  There also are an assortment of dried seed pods that come in shades of brown that can add textures to a bouquet. 
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Please do not dye flowers!  Dyes can come off on your dress and your hands.  Also, dyed flowers just look bad because they are not a natural color.  I would stick with what the previous poster said and use seed pods and other non-floral accents to bring out the brown.  You could always buy beautiful brown ribbon to use as bows and to wrap the stems of the bouquets to add that color accent.

• edited December 2011
    Chocolate cosmos, brown roses, scabiosa pods (one of my faves), dried poppy pods, some varieties of orchids, curly willow and other branches, etc. You could also add some non-floral accents in brown like ribbon, feathers and gems.
  • edited December 2011

Depending on the time of year of her wedding, even throwing in something like wheat might be kind of different and cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards