Flowers
Options

Bridal bouquet vs bridesmaid bouquet

Hi brides - maybe this is a stupid question but I'm honestly just not sure.  Are the bridal bouquet and bridesmaid bouquet supposed to match?  same colors?  same flowers?  or be totally different?  I had been planning on use bright fall colors for the bridesmaid flowers, but just got my dress and it's a lighter champagne color and think pale ivory/pale yellow will look better with it, but dull next to bridesmaids (wearing black)  How close in color and design are the bridal and bridesmaid bouquets normally?

Thanks!

Re: Bridal bouquet vs bridesmaid bouquet

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The flowers don't have to be the same but they should compliment each other.  Think about them all being in the picture together.  Your bouquet would look dull if yours was light, soft colors and the BM were more vibrant.  

Do you have a florist?  Maybe show them the dresses and let 'em choose a happy medium. 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    dogsandfrogsdogsandfrogs member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me and my girls the flowers are of the same varieties for the most part, but different colors.  My dress is off-white, and the bridesmaids are in a royal blue.  Since their dresses have such a rich hue, I figured colored flowers might be a bit overpowering, but I'm a huge fan of color, so their bouquets will be white (with small splashes of purple) and mine will be deep purple (with small splashes of white).  Any flower varieties that cover both (like alstromeria, hydrangeas, freesia, etc) will be in both bouquets in their respective colors, along with other flowers that won't be common to both bouquet types.  I figured that'd be a nice happy medium between matching but still getting the colors I wanted.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's entirely up to you.  I had a bouquet of white roses with fake diamonds to match my dress.  My girls had smaller bouquets of white roses with greenery to match their green dresses.

If you bring up your ideas to your florist, they could probably help you come up with something that looks really nice.  We had a vague idea of what we wanted, so our florist brought out several flowers and experimented putting different things together until we decided what we liked best.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

the bridal bouquet is on it's own.  The bridesmaids bouquets match their dresses, since black is not a colour, fall colours are okay.  No your bouquet will not look dull, it will match your dress and look very elegant.  Remember the grooms boutonierre should match your bouquet and grooms mens boutonierrs should match the brides maids bouquets.  Bunches Bob

Bunches Bob "Have Fun With Those Blooms"
  • Options
    Here's a comparison picture of my bouquet and my bridesmaids' bouquet. Just so you have an idea. They don't have to match but mine stayed in the same color scheme.

My bouquet.

My maid of honor and bridesmaids' bouquet.

My mom and mother in law's bouquet.

You may click my blog for more flower photos during my wedding http://lovechildmonster.blogspot.com/2012/02/if-theres-one-reality-show-that-i.html

=)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards