Rhode Island

* CHANTEL *

Congratulations! I hope that your wedding day went well. You seemed to have beautiful weather!

I'm getting married at the Botanical Center next October, and was wondering if you could give me any more information about the location, especially since the day was warmer was anticipated.  Were the greenhouses too warm? How did you have your tables setup in the reception room with the dance floor? What good spots around the center and the park are there for pictures?  Any other info you can give?

Thanks, and I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon!
-Amanda-
Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary

Re: * CHANTEL *

• JandA7406JandA7406 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would be interested in this information as well since I am considering this location for our 9/7/13 wedding.  Also, any pictures would be helpful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies!  Just getting back into the groove of real life!  I will get back to this tonight.  Thanks for your patience :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ok, so I'll tackle your questions one at a time.

Was it warm? Yes, while the sun was still out it was warm, not hot, but tolerable during the ceremony.  The ceremony was at 5:30, as soon as the sun set a little more (after 6ish) it cooled right down.  In reception room it was way cooler, even dancing I was cool (EVEN in my huge gown:)

How were the reception tables set up?  Well we had 72 guests with 8 people per table, so 9 tables total.  We had them split 4 on one side, and 5 on the other with dancing in the middle and our sweetheart table in the middle, but with our backs against the wall with the arch.  I think it worked perfectly, everyone had a good view of us and the dancing, I don't feel like anyone felt as though they were stuck at a "back" table.

Photo Spots?  We didn't do a first look, so we only had the cocktail hour for photos.  We stayed on the grounds of the Botanical Center, on the front and side and also the back rose garden. 

Is your wedding the weekend of Columbus Day?  If so, the park is really crowded every year, since there is an annual bike race that entire weekend.  The temple of Music was orginally on my photo list but that's the center of the bike race, after thinking it over we decided not to waste time trying to navigate people, debris and bikes...

Let me know if you have any other ?'s

:)
  • musictchr25musictchr25 member
    edited December 2011
    This is GREAT, Chantel! Thanks so much.  We have 78 on our guest list as of right now, so it sounds like we'll be able to do exactly what we want in terms of table setups.

A few more questions if you don't mind though.  Did you have a DJ or a band, and where were they setup?  Also, was your dinner plated or buffet style? If it was buffet, was there enough room in the reception area for the buffet tables in addition to your guest tables?

How did you do your ceremony in the big room. Did you say your vows in front of the small fountain, or off to the side in the large space in the middle, using the hallway as the aisle?

THANKS!!

PS - I can't wait to see pictures, and I bet you can't wait either!
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Glad I could help :)

We had a DJ- he set up directly across from our sweetheart table, so the dance floor was framed on two side by the guest tables, then our table and the dj (he was against the wall, but facing the open arch, if that makes sense)

Plated Dinner...I have no idea where the food would have been set up otherwise.  The space was very intimate (not tight at all, but certainly no extra/wasted space)

Ceremony in the larger room, between the two fountains.  Used the hallway as the aisle.  They set up the wooden benches and some of the rented chairs for seating, worked out perfectly.

Here are a couple of pics :) I like to share, and can't wait for pro pics!

• musictchr25musictchr25 member
    edited December 2011
    WOW! You look fantastic! Such a beautiful dress, and that hair flower is stunning!

Seeing these pictures have made me so much more excited for that venue!

Thanks so much for your help, and I hope you don't mind the questions! You've been a huge help! I can't wait for your vendor reviews and your pro pics!
    -Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards