Kentucky-Louisville

Silver Spoon Catering

Hello,

Anyone out there who has tasted Silver Spoon's food? What did you like and not like?

Thanks!

Re: Silver Spoon Catering

• edited December 2011
    We had a few lunches catered by them, their soups and sandwiches are good, but we had a chicken dish they had done, that was not so great
  • FKSFKS
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine had their food at a reception at Henry Clay and said it was so bad that she, her husband and her in-law's couldn't eat it, and they all had to stop and get McDonalds on the way home after the reception because they were starving.

I personally have never had their food, but I did have a bad experience with them when reception venue shopping so I won't ever use them.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_silver-spoon-catering?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:0cc5b478-660a-4518-be2a-7013156372abPost:244c7138-127a-46b2-8756-73603da3a537">Re: Silver Spoon Catering</a>:
    [QUOTE]A friend of mine had their food at a reception at Henry Clay and said it was so bad that she, her husband and her in-law's couldn't eat it, and they all had to stop and get McDonalds on the way home after the reception because they were starving. I personally have never had their food, but I did have a bad experience with them when reception venue shopping so I won't ever use them.
    Posted by FKS[/QUOTE]

I think I have heard other not-so-flattering things on here, too, actually.  If you look back a few pages, you can probably find a few more posts on caterers. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Leecass18Leecass18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that I am using them for my wedding and I also know that I have no control over how the food is going to taste.  I decided that the ballroom (how gorgeous it was and how I could set up my tables and my pictures) far outweighed how good the food might be.  I have picked a simple menu, nothing too complicated so that should make the food better. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards