Michigan-Lansing

dresses

Hi,
I'm just getting started here and I think I have a good idea how to proceed.
I have an idea about b-maids dresses. I was thinking of each one in a different color. They would all be the same length. But I want each girl to have a style they are comfortable in so I'm thinking of giving each a swatch of material with the color I want them to have then go where they want to pick their own.
What do you think?

Re: dresses

• alknappalknapp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If that is what you want to do, I say go for it.  As long as they are all the same length, I bet it will look great!
  • gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

You may also want to consider specifying the formality of the dresses.  If your dress is more casual and they buy really fancy party dresses, it may look out of place.  Also if some of the BMs buy fancy dresses and one shows up in a cotton sundress, she will look out of place and would likely end up feeling uncomfortable during the wedding, which I'm sure yo don't want.

Another thing to consider is making sure they know the difference between a wedding appropriate party dress and a dress you would wear out clubbing.

JMO

• edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding last summer where we all picked our own long black dress The bride planned a Saturday where we could all go to a bridal store together and try things on. That way we ccould all get what we wanted and were comfortable in but at the same time the dresses were all similar in texture and formality. Good luck with everything!!
  • npricelovenpricelove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you look at ButtaFli's bio, she did that with different shades of pink and it came out really cute.  I did that with different pieces of lace, everyone had the same color pink, but the black lace fell in different places on the top portion of their dresses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards