Not Engaged Yet

Sppeaking of wine...

BF's oldest sister is turning 30 this weekend and she had us girls up for a girls day celebration in luei of a big bash (her hubby recently turned 30 and they had a big party for him at a bar with tons of food cake, decor etc).  She's a newer mom and a busy doctor so she wanted a relaxing day not a crazy party. 

She had her sister and mom and myself up for the day and we had lunch thena  spa day (massages and pedicures) then went home to check on the babies (BF's neice and nephew who were at the house w/ their dads) and relax before getting ready for dinner.  We went a a nice little wine bar called Vino Vino and had a fruit, cheese and but platter with a couple of "wine flights" to start out then ordered dinner and a bottle of reisling to split.  Everything was fabulous, I think she was insane to pay for all of us for HER birthday but she said that is what she wanted.  We ended the night back at their house and drank another 2 bottles of wine between the 4 of us!   Hello headaches on Sunday morning!

I never thought of myself as the type who would like to have a night like that but it was fabulous! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Sppeaking of wine...

• MeShell1313MeShell1313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a really fun day.

I'm finding as I'm getting older I'm getting much less into the it's my birthday lets all go out and do a million shots and get wasted woo-hoo! thing. I'm turning into a old boring loaf :(
    Spa days are always great for me. I'm trying to get a group of the girls from my work to go to Glen Ivy for a day. It's so relaxing and I like being able to cover myself in mud.
  • bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That does sound like a fabulous time. LOVE me some Riesling. And ditto on the shift from shots to spas, MeShell. I say you're not turning into an old boring loaf because I absolutely refuse that label for myself! Tastes change, sometimes they even cycle.
  • MeShell1313MeShell1313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

thanks. I'm turning 29 on Saturday. (no wait!! I'm turning 28 again!!!) I feel especially old this b-day. I forgot to request off from job #2 so I'm stuck working in the morning. BF's mom is coming in to visit and her b-day is the day before mine so he has off on Friday and not Saturday. So I'm especially bummed that I'm going this b-day is going to be especially suck-tacular.
    ... but that's enought on my pitty-pot. Maybe I'll look into gitting a pedi after work or something else pampering......

• edited December 2011
    Yeah it was a great time and good for the ladies to be able to spend some time together relaxing and letting loose.... with no guys and no babies. 

I told his sister that she was the oldest of the girls so we could very well be looking at a few more relaxing birthdays over the next couple years as the rest of us ladies turn 30!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards