Pre-wedding Parties

Who have to be at all the showers?

My mother and I having a debate.... 

Who have to be at all of my bridal showers? Just mothers or mothers and grandmothers?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who have to be at all the showers?

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No one HAS to be at all showers.

But the moms, and BP are invited to all showers as a courtesy.  My grandmother was invited to both of my showers but that doesn't have to be the case.
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No one has to BE at them.  But mothers, grandmothers and WP members shoud be INVITED to them.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • natalieervinnatalieervin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. Mothers, grandmother, and WP should all be invited to all showers. You shouldn't expect them to come to all of them,but it is nice to invite them. I just recently found out my FSIL, had a bridal shower (she is getting married in January and I am a bridesmaid) and I wasn't invited. It kind of hurt my feelings, so I am inviting my girls (and one guy) to all of my showers. But like I said I do not expect them to come to all of them, or get me a lot of presents. It's just nice to know you are involved in the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    The exception would be a work shower. 
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • edited December 2011
    how many showers would you go to for 1 bride....?  I would say just 1.  How many are you having anyway? 
  • edited December 2011
    So far 3 showers, possibly 4. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2Bwed20112Bwed2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Technically we are having 3 showers, but the 1st one was billed as more of just a dinner/engagement party because we didn't want gifts from this particular group of friends.  Another set of friends who we are much closer to are throwing another one for us (Stock the Bar!!!!!!) and then my family is having one for us.  All are couples events and myself and FI will be the ONLY people invited to and attending all three.  But then again, we don't have a WP anyway so that rule doesn't really count for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards