Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Responsorial Psalm- Catholic... What did you choose??

I am trying to find something pretty to be sung for the Responsorial Psalm.  My Fiance' wants something traditional.. at least be like in regular mass how the cantor sings it first and then the people join in, etc etc.  What did you choose for the Responsorial Psalm??

Re: Responsorial Psalm- Catholic... What did you choose??

• Options
    I really like Ps 117: 1-2. 16-17.22-23 r. 24 (This day was made by the Lord) and am thinking about using it.  There are so many pretty ones - I suggest in part just listening to them while at church and seeing what strikes your fancy!
  • Options
    I am using Psalm 128.  I recomend you get the "Together for Life" booklet (my church gave me a copy) it has a listing of recommended options for every part of the ceremony (in a mass or outside of a mass). 
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I am a cantor at my catholic church...here are some examples:

"Blessed are those who love you, Happy those who follow you, Blessed are those who seek you O God".  Psalm 128

To you O Lord, I lift my soul. To You I lift my soul.  Psalm 25

This is the day the Lord has made, Let us rejoice and be glad. Psalm 118

Taste and See. Psalm 34

If you need any more help with psalms picking songs, please feel free to email me. antb1133@gmail.com. I sing at catholic weddings all the time.

Amanda
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    image Our Furbaby Beaker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards