Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Help! Which song do you like better for first dance?

I am a HUGE cryer, so I want something more upbeat LOL

It's between:

1,2,3,4 by Plain White Tees

Smile by Uncle Kracker

Lucky by Colbie Calet/Jason Maraz

Which would you choose? Thanks!

Also, We are HUGE Yankee fans in our house and I was thinking of dancing with my dad to New York, New York just so it isnt sappy....Is that corny? Thanks for any input!

Re: Help! Which song do you like better for first dance?

• missejaynemissejayne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just like Lucky better... but the new york new york thing is cute... Who doesent love Sinatra AAAAAAAAAnd its something specific for you and your dad... which is what the dance is for. I love it.
  • future-mrsfuture-mrs member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP...I love the Lucky song!  I feel ya girl, when I think about my dad and I dancing it makes me tear up...oh lord...
  • edited December 2011

I like Smile or Lucky. I do believe Lucky is about someone going away to war; I don't know if that matters to you.

I think New York, New York would be great!

FI is a huge Boston fan, so we are cutting the cake to Sweet Caroline.

• edited December 2011
    Definitely Smile!
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I LOOOOOOVE Lucky
  • nstark2908nstark2908 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of using Smile.  I like the upbeat option.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of using Lucky... But whoever said it was right, I think it's at least about a long distance relationship (which works perfect for us since my fiancee's been based in Germany for 1.5 years now. =) So if that works for you, then yes.

I don't know smile offhand, but that PWT's song is ALSO up there on my list. Good taste in music!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd vote for Smile.  And I love, love, love the idea of New York, New York with your dad.  I  think it will be perfect!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • bluebeetlebluebeetle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I prefer Lucky...that's one of my fav songs...and I think it really tells the story of everyone who's in love with their best friend! As far as New York, New York...I think it's an absolutely great idea! It's something has special meaning between and your dad and that's what's it all about. My cousin played softball basically from the time she was walking straight thru college, and my uncle coached most of her teams when she was younger....with that said they danced to "Take Me Out the Ball Game" which seems kinda strange...but hey...it had special meaning...it doesn't matter what other people think as long as you and your dad understand! :)
  • edited December 2011
    My sister and BIL sang Lucky at their reception together. It was so beautiful. It's a great wedding song!!
    http://mrsdanielparsons.weebly.com Can't figure out the HTML stuff ^^ That's my bio!
  • edited December 2011
    Smile by Uncle Kracker
    If i was a guest and you played the 1,2,3,4 I would have to get some ear plugs. YUCK
  • kwagner1211kwagner1211 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll the be one going against the grain, but 1,2,3,4 is one of the few songs that have made it to my short list. I don't want sappy either so I know what you mean.
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually going to vote for 1,2,3,4. It was in the running for a while to be our song (We wanted simple and not a complete "sap-fest). We wound up going with something else in the end, but we still love that song.

Lucky only really works if you guys were long distance at one point. And I don't know, I used to like Smile, but I've been hearing it constantly lately, so it's getting on my nerves, lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • jamiefourjamiefour member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say Smile...love that song.  Also, NY, NY is a great idea!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we're also huge Yankee fans ... so we're using New York, New York as the last song of the night - the Frank version, just like after a Yankee win at the Stadium.  I like the idea of the father/daughter dance, though, too!
  • edited December 2011
    New York New York for the Father/Daughter dance is an amazing idea.  I'm a huge yankees fan but the FI isn't so I probably can't use it but perhaps I can get my MOH to make a special request (she's a bigger fan than me even lol).

As for the songs you listed, I love them all.  1,2,3,4 is so fun and it's on my shortlist to use somewhere at the wedding, we just haven't decided where yet.  Out of the others, Lucky actually kind of annoys me but I love Smile.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards