Destination Weddings Discussions

Dessert

My work group is throwing me a beer, bullets and bbq party this weekend (their version of  a shower because I work with a ton of guys in ballistics). I have been asked to bring the desserts. There is already a request for irish car bomb cupcakes.

These parties are usually pretty crazy although we have a couple of mormons in our group who bring their little ones (under three)and leave after dinner. With them there I feel the need to have some sort of non-alcoholic dessert. What should I make? Any pinned recipes that you think would be good? They ate my leftover cupcakes from this past weekend so I don't want to make those again.

Two ideas that I have are, peaches and cream cupcakes (clicky) or a fruit salad. It's an hour drive from my house to the party, there won't be anywhere to keep it refrigerated once we get there and it's going to be around 100F. So no cold recipes unless you have a grand idea on how to keep it cold.

Re: Dessert

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    I love that picture, beautiful! Where's the location? I have a lazy mans cheesecake recipient if you'd like. You can always fill a cooler and put your dessert in it.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Recipe not recipient lol And fill a cooler with ice....geeze I didn't even finish my thought. Lol
  • Haha! You can't blame lack of finished thought on your phone!

Thanks! It was taken at Smith's Cove in Cayman. I talked to my photographer today and he said we whould have all of our pictures within two weeks! I can't wait to see the rest of them.
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Lol I know! That is gorgeous! I can't wait to see the rest! That would be a beautiful canvas print!
  • Nik -- your photo is GORGEOUS!! I love it! Agree with Jen, definitely beautiful as a canvas!

What about cookies? They are easy and keep pretty good in the heat. One of my favorite bloggers has a huge list of cookie recipes: http://corrieanne.com/recipes/

~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Will there be a fire? If so bring stuff to make smores! yum
  • edited June 2012
    I don't think there will be a fire. It's about 70 here at night and I think there is a burn ban in effect. It's amazing how the burn ban always pops up a couple weeks before July 4th so no fireworks :(

Wow, I think I'm overwhelmed with cookie recipes! Thanks Lora. They all look so good. I'm definitely going to have to make the almond joy macaroons sometime soon for myself :) I'll look through there better this afternoon and try to find one that will be appropriate for everyone. Can mormons eat chocolate? I know they can't have caffeine.

Thanks! I can't wait to have a house so I can decorate with our wedding pictures :) I think we will have a ton of great pictures for canvas and hanging.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards