Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Sand Ceremony Song Needed

I am about 13 months from the big day and my fiance and I have decided on a sand ceremony instead of the traditional unity candle. I am trying to find a fitting song to go with a sand ceremony. I am ok with all kinds of music, my fiance likes rock and pop, this is going to be a non formal wedding(not quite jeans and t-shirts but a step or 2 above). Please share your input!

Re: Sand Ceremony Song Needed

• edited December 2011
    I'm doing a sand ceremony as well! I'm not quite sure what kind of song fits well with it, we're really modern and kind of southern so I think we're goign to play My Best Friend by Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill. Still not sure if it's good enough for a wedding or not yet but ithat song means a lot to me and that's what really matters. Anywho, there's Feels Like Home by Chantel Kraveiasakwhich is gorgeous!! And google offers a huge array of wedding selections. I'd just look for a modern song that's lyrics really fit your feelings about our fiance and an artist that you admire :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cassiew0507cassiew0507 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a sand ceremony as well and my FBIL and his long time GF are singing Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Calliet (SP?)
  • edited December 2011

We did the sand ceremony and we didn't do any music in the background and it was fine. The minister talked about what we were doing as we were pouring the sand in and then it only took another 15-30 seconds to finish pouring the sand in. If you do use a song I would suggest picking an instrumental so you don't cut to song off as soon as the words start.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards