Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Dumb? sorry:(

So I'm not sure if this is exactly a dumb question or not, but I don't know what you do when you trash your dress. I've never heard of it before I got on these boards and nobody I know has ever done it or talked about it so just wondering if I could be filled in and maybe see some pics? Thanks and sorry for being clueless about this!

Re: Dumb? sorry:(

• HAHA i dont think its a dumb question bc i didnt know what it was until i joined this board either,

i think it is when you take random pictures in your wedding dress,like going into the ocean or taking pictures sitting under a tree.
  • edited October 2010
    You don't need to necessarily trash the dress. Sometimes it's also called "Rock the Frock."  The photos are usually done in non-conventional locations and the photographer takes more "high-fashion" shots then they would have at the wedding. We did a TTD shoot and my dress didn't get dirty.. and we were climbing trees,  walking through fields of long grass (and tons of bugs), roaming through a barn, and walking near a lake. We even went into the water, but I just lifted my skirt.

My siggy pic is one from our TTD shoot.  Our session was included in our package, and our photographers were very good at directing us while they were taking pictures. We got a lot of great shots out of it and I'm so glad we did it!
    Anniversary
  • I didn't know what it was until I joined TK either.

I did not do a TTD, but I know a lot of girls who have. I have also heard that it doesn't necessarily ruin the dress, you can still have it cleaned and preserved or whatever if you want.
  • Wow, love those pics!!! Very cool! Thanks ladies, I understand it better now and think it looks like a very fun thing to do! Maybe I'll talk to my photographer about? hmmmm.....
  • I keep looking at my dress-I just got married 6 days ago-and I keep thinking of how I am never going to wear it again. I kind of want to grab a group of girlfriends and do a Rock the Dress as a group. Might be fun but I know one of them is terrified to dirty hers so I'll have to promise her we will keep it clean.
  • I will be saving my dress for when we have children. I am going to use part of my dress for their baptism gowns.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards