Kentucky-Louisville

Wedding Night Hotel?

Please help settle our debate!!

We are leaving for our honeymoon the day after our wedding. Our reception is going to last until 1:00 AM and is in the east end, (Lake Forest area). I was wondering if you thought we should spend extra to stay at a fancy downtown hotel like 21C the night of our wedding or if you would be more inclined to stay closer to our reception site at a someplace like a Holiday Inn.

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Night Hotel?

• edited February 2012
    It seems like you are not going to be spending much time enjoying the hotel, so I'd go with something cheap and easy to get to. It's not like you need to pay extra money for a pool, fitness center, and mini fridge when you are going to sleep there for less than 8 hours and then leave for your honeymoon.

Put the extra money you save on a fancy dinner on your honeymoon that you WILL be awake to enjoy.

In my experience, Holiday Inn mattresses are as good as any for any wedding night activities. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'd stay on the east side of town and call it a night! You've got plenty of time to enjoy fanciness on your honeymoon!
  • tmc0413tmc0413 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    With the reception going until 1:00am, I would consider booking somewhere close. You won't get a chance to really enjoy the hotel scene if you're getting settled in so late and leaving for the honeymoon the next day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, Ladies!

I agree that it doesn't make sense to spend an outrageous amount of money on a hotel room that we'll use for less than 12 hours.

Ha! I win this one!
  • Go for the Holiday Inn.  Trust me, at the end of the night you are going to be so tired, you'll be willing to sleep in your car!  Save the money for something extra special while on your honeymoon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards