Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Live bands??

Hi all We are throwing around the option of having a live band for our wedding but we are afraid it might cost too much. Can you guys give me some suggestions on good bands and what they cost for the night? Thanks!

Re: Live bands??

• I had a live band and they were amazing! Our friend went to a wedding the next weekend with a DJ and said it was just not nearly as fun. There were never any lulls during the night where the dance floor is packed and a song comes on that you can't really dance to and everyone goes and sits down like what happens with a DJ.

Our band was Slippery. www.slipperyband.com. We had winter pricing and last year rates so contacting them would be best. Chris is awesome to work with though!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • I'm also having a live band and am so excited about it.  We're using Chico's Vibe (www.chicosvibe.com) and are also using last year's pricing so contacting them would be best.

Other bands I have seen and liked:
    - Vincent James Band
    - The Heartbeats
    - The Big House Band

There are also several local entertainment companies, like EBE and Brandywine Valley Talent (their Jellyroll band is great)....but I *think* these companies might be a bit pricier than going through an individual band. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just attended a wedding with a live band that was not so great.  They were boring and the sound quality was bad.  Just make sure the band or DJ you choose had a good reputation and you give them a good listen before you book them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was at two wedding last year that both used live bands.. One as awesome (sorry I am not sure of the name but I do know they payed almost $8,000 for them!) and the other was awful.  It seemed that the bride and groom at the sucky band wedding really enjoyed them but I was not really a fan, they only played one type of music it seemed and it just was not what the crowd was into.
  • We're having a 9-piece live band -- CTO Heat (http://www.ctoheat.com/) -- but we, too, have last year's pricing because we booked a while ago. I think they're fantastic, but they're definitely pricey.

How much are you willing to spend? I know several companies that I checked with had several different size bands, which affects the pricing. If you'd be ok with a smaller band, I think it would be more reasonable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we are having The Heartbeats... but we have special pricing since the main guy knows fi's parents and has for like 20 years. i think they are very expensive to book. but they are great!
  • We are Urban Guerilla Band. They are fantastic, but very pricey. We are paying 10K for a 10 pc band with ceremony music included.
  • We used 747 ORCHESTRA.  They were amazing, best R&B, Funk, Soul music ever!We just saw their jazz trio at New York Magazine wedding event the other day and my friend booked the band on the spot. I believe they were offering free trio when you book the band.
  • We used Soul Revival and they were FABULOUS.  I know they can do different sized bands so maybe they can work with your budget?  Everyone loved them, and are still raving about them!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards