Missouri-St Louis

Ceremony Site - August

We are looking for a ceremony site for an August wedding. We originally wanted the ceremony to be outdoors (and are still considering that as an option even though it could be really hot!), but are otherwise looking for nice, simple indoor spot other than a chuch. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: Ceremony Site - August

• edited December 2011
    Hi!

I'm getting married at Riverbend Chapel at Caroline Vineyards in Washington, MO. Just a little past Six Flags on hwy 44. They have outdoor ceremonies on the river bluff overlooking the MO river. They also have a chapel there for indoor ceremonies should the weather not work out. My fiance and I are choosing to have an indoor ceremony no matter what; followed by h'ors d'oeuvres outdoors on the patio. They have a great waterfall and everything overlooks the river.
    We are also doing a private reveal where they typically have outdoor ceremonies (weather permitting of course) for pictures and a few moments of just the two of us before we get the party started :)
    Further, they have a wonderful reception area downstairs that again has lots of windows and a lower patio. The dance floor is smallish but totally do-able. They have a bar and the cheapest open bar prices I have seen!

I hope you check it out! I would be interested to hear what you choose!!! Best of luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I think we're going to book the old town chapel in florrisant.  They range $250-$600 for a ceremony!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 99 Invited!
    image 45 Are Psyched!
    image 5 Are L0$3RZ
    image 49 Are MIA!
  • edited December 2011
    We wanted to have ours outside, which we are doing late July. So, everyone we talked to was like, nice we will all sweat to death....really outside in late July in Missouri.  So, I looked into some indoor locations.  We are having our ceremony at the Jewel Box in Forest Park.  It kind of feels outside because of all the plants and flowers on the inside.  And you can get great outside photos on the grounds outside the Jewel Box.  We are having some simple flower arrangements brought in and my fiance is making me a custom archway for us to stand under.  But, we didn't really need to do anything, because it is so beautiful.  To have a reception there is pretty pricey...but to book a ceremony is $500.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for all of the advice! I have looked at Riverbend and thought it looked great, but we are doing a Friday wedding, so it was a little too far. We ended up booking the Jewel Box. I had it in the back of my head this whole time, and it ended up being the perfect place. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards