Texas-Houston
Options

Accckkkk! Help!

My fiance's pay was reduced by 10k yesterday...I will not go into details, so let's just say his boss is an @$$hole and is not happy unless others are unhappy.

So.....my wedding budget is gone. I have to start completely over and I am at a loss on what to do.  He still wants a big wedding, and I told him that it probably will not be possible.  My mom said that she would help, and his mom might. We are looking at maybe 7k....if that for 100 people. (I already trimmed the guest list down from 150)

I was thinking about just having the wedding at the church and see if they will let us use the community room for a small reception.

I also was looking at Paraiso Maravilla's express wedding, but you are only allowed to invite 20 people. 

My wedding was going to be either on a Friday or a Sunday. I have been looking everywhere on the internet, but I can not seem to find anything that looks decent to me.  I'm not a country girl, so those ranch places are out the door, and I do not like hotel type settings. 

I am just at a loss here.  I want to be able to wear my dress so I do not want to go to the JP....

I can not beleive this freaking happened.

Re: Accckkkk! Help!

• Options
    STBMrsMartinSTBMrsMartin member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear that Oaklie. What about something in Galveston. I am going to a wedding in Moody Gardens this weekend and I believe their budget is around the same amount. I will find out for sure and take pics.
    Photobucket
    Our little miracle, Jett.
    Planning Bio,
    My Blog
  • Options
    love.irissalove.irissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a similar situation, but FI was fired - and then black listed by the boss! Our wedding budget is totally gone and we are having to start from scratch.

Check out Wildcat Golf Course, the ladies there are really nice and they are very flexible. They are not a standard wedding venue (altho gorgeous) so their prices are better, and their schedules are easier to work with. That's what we are looking at for our low budget fling.

GL!
  • Options
    sweet__peasweet__pea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, hun, I'm so sorry!  Is it possible he can start looking for another job in the meantime?  Is your wedding still set for October?  That can still be enough time to save up.

Try looking into The Gallery or even Gardens of Bammel Lane.  Feel free to email me so I can offer some suggestions. sweet_peas_72@yahoo.com

Chin up and things will get better!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im soooo sorry to hear about that...but keep your head up. Try Sugar Creek Country Club it sounds expensive but its extremely reasonable. Zoe is the person you should speak with...Good Luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oaklie, i'm so sorry that this happened! i would totally rec. speaking with your church about using their community room. a friend of mine did that and saved a ton! usually those rooms are pretty plain so you can completly transform them into whatever you want.

i hope you find something you love!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i just went to a wedding at northwest forest conference center - i honestly have NO idea of the budget, but they seem to have a whole lot of options (looking at website) - and i know my cousin and his new wife paid for it all themselves, so i dont imagine it being too horribly expensive?
    Becca & Justin - 5/16/09 - Planning Bio My Blog(updated 3/12)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about your situation! If the community room doesn't work out, how about trying out a restaurant like Maggiano's? They have a family style reception option that is about $35/person and it includes appetizers, salads, pastas, and dessert. The decor there isn't ranch or hotel like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards