Mississippi

So, who are you? Where are you getting married? How awesome is your FI?

Spill it! Let's all get to know each other a bit better! Who are you (You dont have to give too many details, no worries)? Where are you from? Where are you getting married? Tell us about the handsome man (or woman, whatever) in your life! 

About Me/us/everything: Hi! I'm an old married hag living outside of Jackson with my wonderful husband, black lab and annoying cat. We got married in Florence back in October 2010 and basically, we're living the dream. My husband is a computer nerd and beer connoisseur and life is good. I'm currently starting to run and get a bit healthy (there might be a link to my blog in my sig...;-) HINT!) and it's working well for me! YAY!

Re: So, who are you? Where are you getting married? How awesome is your FI?

• HI!!!

I recently moved to Wiggins from Biloxi. Wiggins is about 30 minutes North of Gulfport. I'm actually getting married in Slidell, LA in June. I'm very blessed to have a fantastic Fiance. He is also a beer connoisseur, loves star trek, and his xbox games. But he's not a "gamer". He knows that I better get more attention than the xbox. I couldn't be happier. OH WAIT! I'll be even more happy after the I Dos.

This is a great idea for introductions. Maybe it will help this board wake up a bit. I know there have to be lots of lucky MS women getting married.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Our wedding date is June 2, 2012

104 invited 77 accepted! 27 can't make it Finally tracked down the procrastinators!

• Hey there!  I also live outside of Jackson, where I'm currently in the middle of my 20th year of school (if K5 counts as my first year)... My FI is super awesome, he just got out of active duty military, and I do mean just, as in, today was his last day and now he's coming home for good! He's been in NC for the past 5 years. Now that he's home, maybe we can finally set an official wedding date! :-)
  • Yay, Mel! I'm sure you're glad to have him back!

Lanie - I saw that your ticker about weight loss - what are your plans for that? I'm in the middle of that stuff myself =) 
  • Hi there! I'm Jasmin! My fiance and I have been married since 12.22.2010 but it was a courthouse wedding and we are finally going to have our real ceremony in August 2013! I am a Northerner, born and raised in NYC, but we will be living in Tupelo by then. My fiance and I have twin girls, Teagan and Ashlynn, and one more on the way (EDD Aug. 26, 2012).
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • tlcnmstlcnms member
    First Comment
    Hi my name is Karen and I live on the Gulf coast Biloxi/Ocean Springs/Gautier/etc area. My husband and I are ordained ministers and we have been married since 2/13/2000. My oldest son is getting married the 27th of this month in which my husband will be performing the ceremony. We are very excited and have had the opportunity to marry several couples from the gulf coast and a few more in the near future.  I am a northerner from OH and moved here after our marriage. I love it here. My Best friend and I are planning on starting our own Wedding business as we both love weddings and planning as well as performing them.  I think it is wonderful, JASMIN, that you are doing your wedding again even tough you had a courthouse wedding, it is Reaffirming your Vows to each other. Don't let the technicalities get to you. All that matters is the love that you and your husband have between the two of you.
    Warmest Blessings
  • I will be getting married in 25 days in Natchez MS. My fiance is awesome! He has stuck by my side for nearly 7 years now. The day we get married will make 7 years since our first date.
  • Hi,
    Where are you getting married in Natchez? My FI & I are getting married March 23, 2013 @ Monmouth Plantation in Natchez & I can't wait! Are you having a band? I've been looking around online but haven't decided on anyone. We live in West Monroe, LA, so I don't know much about the musicians in Natchez. :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_mississippi_getting-married-awesome-fi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:99Discussion:7dfbb8de-4896-485f-a174-e4a98b65e0c9Post:feaa5a75-8a10-4ddd-8aa4-32cd3b6dd792">Re: So, who are you? Where are you getting married? How awesome is your FI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will be getting married in 25 days in Natchez MS. My fiance is awesome! He has stuck by my side for nearly 7 years now. The day we get married will make 7 years since our first date.
    Posted by rikkidawn28[/QUOTE]
  • hello Everybody!!,
     My fiance is awesome he is so sweet and spiritually driven and most important spoils me (YAY Me!!) lol. we both work with kids in Hattiesburg,ms. we have set our wedding date for september 7th of 2013 and i have the slightest clue as to where to begin (I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS) I just know i want a country wedding. i too am a northern girl born and raised in Illinois and he is from Mississippi ( i guess it was that southern hospitality that got me). CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE ALREADY BEEN SWEPT OFF OF YOUR FEET AND CROSSED THE THRESH HOLD!
  • Hey,
    I am Tabitha, I live in Laurel, MS. My wedding will be October 2013, I can't pick a for sure date yet due to my fiance's new job he just got off shore and my dad also works off shore so I have to make sure I can get both of them there at the same time. However I am having a Fall wedding with Reds, Browns, Oranges, and Yellow. Small wedding with just a maid of honor and a best man.. no groomsmen or bridesmaids and no flower girls. I want to have it outdoors BUT you cannot predict weather in October in MS. So now I am searching for a place near Laurel that has a beautiful outdoors but also has a big building so if it were to rain we could move the wedding and reception indoors there and not have to worry with changing location due to rain. I have also considered finding out how much the large white tents were to rent and have a dance floor installed.. we have places we could set up a big tent I just dont know where to call about them. If any of yall have suggestions of places or the tents please let me know. I will need the prices too. I do want wedding and reception to be at same location so it will be easier on everyone. Thanks
  • Hello everyone, I am Alexis! I am a true southern bride to be! lol. I am from Natchez but am now living in the capital area completing my last two years as an undergrad. yippy!I am a state employee and my fiance is a shipping coordinator in Louisiana who is now looking for offshore employment, so as a couple we're working on that!! We met in high school and have been unseperable for 7 years. We have been engaged for 2 years, I actaully proposed to him 2 years ago on Christmas. (I take no prisoners in getting what I want) My FI is wonderful he is honestly my soulmate. We complete each other in totality and we work so well together in everything we do. We are planning to be married May 9th of 2015 (my undergrad days will be done) in the capital at my church.I have started planning but would love seasoned brides and to-bes help and suggestions! 

982 more days to go!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_mississippi_getting-married-awesome-fi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:99Discussion:7dfbb8de-4896-485f-a174-e4a98b65e0c9Post:51588ddd-c6cd-4743-8263-6464fe68f781">Re: So, who are you? Where are you getting married? How awesome is your FI?</a>:
    [QUOTE]HI!!! I recently moved to Wiggins from Biloxi. Wiggins is about 30 minutes North of Gulfport. I'm actually getting married in Slidell, LA in June. I'm very blessed to have a fantastic Fiance. He is also a beer  connoisseur, loves star trek, and his xbox games. But he's not a "gamer". He knows that I better get more attention than the xbox. I couldn't be happier. OH WAIT! I'll be even more happy after the I Dos. This is a great idea for introductions. Maybe it will help this board wake up a bit. I know there have to be lots of lucky MS women getting married. Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas
    Posted by lanie8992[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Where at in Slidell are you getting married? I live here and looking for stuff in the area as well :)</div>
  • Hello Everyone, I am a 29 year old Jacksonian, well I actually live in Brandon. My fiancé is one of a kind. He is a recently retired Vet with over 20 years in he service. Our wedding date is June 29, 2013 at the Capital Club in Jackson.
  • edited February 2013
    I am from Bay Springs, MS and living on the coast. My fiance is from Dallas, is in the Coast Guard, and we have been dating almost 4 years we met right after he was stationed in Gulfport. We are both 25. We are getting married in New Orleans in June, then we will be moving to wherever he gets stationed next! We will find out any day now! :
  • Hello everyone!

I've been lurking on this board for some time now, and I figured I would finally say hello, so...hello! To tell you a little about myself, I'm from Tupelo, well I was born there and partially raised there as well. I'm an Army brat so I don't have a place to call "home." I'm actually in the military myself and I'm stationed overseas. 

My fiance and I are more than ready to tie the knot! We've known each other over 10 years now, but due to us both being active duty(he's out now) we went our separate ways for a little bit, but now we're back together and stronger than ever! The wedding is 12 October 2013 at Shadowlawn B&B in Columbus. I look forward to hearing from yall!

Choco
  •  I am not sure if you have booked your photographer yet, but if you haven't I would love to talk with you more about my packages!

You can visit my website at www.shannonjohnstonphoto.com

or email me at johnstonphotography@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Shannon - 

In Response to Re: So, who are you? Where are you getting married? How awesome is your FI?:
    [QUOTE]Hello everyone, I am Alexis! I am a true southern bride to be! lol. I am from Natchez but am now living in the capital area completing my last two years as an undergrad. yippy!I am a state employee and my fiance is a shipping coordinator in Louisiana who is now looking for offshore employment, so as a couple we're working on that!! We met in high school and have been unseperable for 7 years. We have been engaged for 2 years, I actaully proposed to him 2 years ago on Christmas. (I take no prisoners in getting what I want) My FI is wonderful he is honestly my soulmate. We complete each other in totality and we work so well together in everything we do. We are planning to be married May 9th of 2015 (my undergrad days will be done) in the capital at my church.I have started planning but would love seasoned brides and to-bes help and suggestions!  982 more days to go!!!!
    Posted by Appleofhis3y3[/QUOTE]
  • Well, hello all! I just recently got engaged, two weeks actually. We are both from Gautier, and I still currently reside here. He is in the Navy and is in Pensacola for the time being. We have not picked a date yet, but we are aiming for Christmas 2014. We are crossing our fingers that I will be finished with nursing school by then. Absolutely nothing has been decided, but then again, we've only been engaged for a short amount of time. If anyone has any hints, tips, tricks, or resources they'd like to share, they are more than welcome!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards