Louisiana-New Orleans

So bummed!!!

So, my wedding is in less than a month and I just found out I am five weeks prego. I am so sad! I have been planning this for over a year and feel like I am not even going to be able to enjoy myself. I hate that I just want it to come and go now. All this time and money and now this. I know this sounds horrible but I think I just need to get it out!!!

Re: So bummed!!!

• meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know the news must have thrown you for a major loop, but it's still your wedding day to a man you love and you are fully entitled to enjoy every minute!  I hope once the shocker wears off you have a wedding day that's just as happy as you always wanted.

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • wmh6wmh6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP.  My sister's original wedding date was in August of last year.  She found out in March that she was pregnant so the wedding was moved up to May.  She was showing in her dress a little and wasn't able to partake in adult beverages, but she had a blast that day.  It was the happiest I've ever seen her.  Now I have a 6 month old nephew that my whole family is crazy about!  I'm sure the shock will wear off, and you will still have a perfect day.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think it could make the day even more special because instead of just the two of you officially becoming a family, there will be three of you!
  • seanpatrickbseanpatrickb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same thing happened to me--found out at five weeks and I'm going to be 17 weeks prego when I walk down the aisle. I'm having to have my dress remade to accommodate my bump, but honey, if you're only going to be nine weeks, you won't be showing at all yet. This is my philosophy: While I planned a party wedding and am bummed I can't have a cocktail or a fresh oyster, I can say with certainty that I will remember every second of my big day. Also, my fiance is over the moon with excitement, and his face when I walk down the aisle with my little bump and pretty dress will be worth it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!! We have been together for seven years. We actually already have a beautiful 4 year old and 6 month old. We have actually been engaged for a while now. I always knew I wanted to spend my life with him, but did not think it was necessary to do the marriage thing if we were happy. However, once my son got older, I realized it was important that we get married. I always knew I wanted two, just was not sure I would want three. I was on birth control, but have missed a few pills. Life with a four year old and six month old can make you forgetful, especially if your sleep deprived. I know it is not an excuse. I'm feeling better now. The initial shock is starting to wear off. As far as showing at nine weeks, I did show very quick with my second. I have been told that with every pregnancy, you show quicker. Oh well, I'm just going to consider it meant to be!! Maybe I'll get a little girl this time!!:)
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you found a positive way to look at it!!  Best wished for a girl!!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's great!  I agree with everyone else--I think it makes your day even more special!!  Congratulations!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards