Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Day of Coordinator??

We are having a small wedding with about 50 guests.  And of course, I'm on a budget!  I've been in touch with a highly reccomended day of coordinator - her fee for the day of & rehearsal is $350.  This price seems reasonable, but would it be silly to pay for that?  We are having a small wedding, it's on a Sunday, and we're not having live music.  The main reason I feel it would be helpful, is because the venue we are using is new - so far, the person I have worked with at the venue isn't very helpful or responsive.  Also, we need our ceremony space flipped during our cocktail hour.

Do you think it's worth it?  Does it make sense?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Re: Day of Coordinator??

• Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meh, if you can swing it financially, go for it. It will take a load of worry off of you, if you are that concerned. 
    IMO, it doesn't sound like you have enough going on to truly need one, but it couldn't really hurt I guess. My FMIL is a very take charge person so I feel like she will be all over this type of stuff. I don't need to ask her, she will just see that stuff gets done. If you have someone like this in your family or WP, they may be thrilled to do this. Just make sure that they don't look at it as a burden and don't go crazy with your requests. You don't want anyone to feel overloaded with tasks on the big day. Maybe kindly ask one person to please do X and another to do Y.  
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think for $350, it is a small price to pay to have someone else shoulder the burden on those days. I would go for it. HTH and GL.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish I could find a day of coordinator for $350!!!!! I was quoted $799-$1000 for just the day!  And i haven't been able to find anyone for less than that!  We are now using his best man's mom who is very take charge!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just food for thought Sundays are a down day I think you might beable to find one for a little less.  Where is the location of your venue?  Depending on your location Wild Flower Event services can do day of and Rehearsal for $275.00.  Check us out.

Thanks,
    Jessie Patton
    www.wildflowereventservices.com
  • Options
    dstdiva03dstdiva03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Which one are you using??  For $350, I'd LOVE to talk to her as I am looking for a DOC myself!
  • Options
    sarovinasarovina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

PM me with your dates - I am building my planning business and would be happy to help your day of for a small budget! 

More than happy to help you - I am a professional event planner by profession.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards