Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Florist

Hey guys!  I have been to 2 florists and I LOVE the second one but they are way too expensive.  Any recommendations for florists in the Dallas area.  I have been to Z's Florist in Richardson and Garden Gate in Dallas.  I am having about 330 people at our wedding and my flower budget is around 3200.  Any ideas?  Thank you! :)

Re: Florist

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had appointments with two florists, A Man and A Woman and May Flowers & Gifts. They are both really nice and very reasonable (I think A Man and A Woman were maybe slightly cheaper). I went with May Flowers & Gifts mostly because I used to work for her in high school, but either would be a good choice.
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I loved my florist, Tami Winn with LeFleur Couture.  She's definitely in your budget.

If Anna is talking about Kim May, I love her work!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Caid Floral.  She helped me come up with some great ideas and she's so nice to work with.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was very pleased with Judy with Sahana Floral Design! She is amazing to work with and very fair with your budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using A Man and A Woman.  So far, I love them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with a couple of florsits, Pamm with Bridal Blooms was my favorite and really sweet.  She was out of my budget thought (I didn't really have more than a couple of hundred dollars to spend) but she def. fits your budget.

She was the only florists I felt really listened to what I wanted.

In the end though, I ended up getting potted plants from a local nursery and thought it worked best for my venue.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The owner of May Flowers and Gifts is actually a woman by the name of Kevin May. I've only seen the name Kim May recently, so I'm not sure who that is.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience with Market Street in Colleyville and I know they will deliver pretty much anywhere.  My flowers were fresh for more than a week after the wedding and they looked great!
  • Options
    lesalyriclesalyric member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Julie - I went to Market Street from your recommendation and was SO HAPPY I did. The staff there is amazing and they do such beautiful work for so little money.

halexandris - I second Market Street. It is a grocery store, but the work they produce is not grocery store at all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim May did Wagner's flowers and she did KHanson's last year.  I think she has done someone else recently too but I can't remember who.  They are always beautiful. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Treasured Petal is fabulous and will give you lots more for your money
    817-875-4880 you can pm me and I can send you photos of my wedding, the flowers were georgous and about half what I would have paid with other florists good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My florist is Dr. Delphinium...they can be pricey but worked very well with my budget. I'm sure they could accommodate yours as well - my contact there is Bryna

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards