Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Makeup/Hair travel or salon?

I have been doing research for a few weeks now, and I don't feel like I've come that much farther on making a decision about a hair/makeup vendor!! I'm torn between a salon and having someone travel to the wedding location. Which do you prefer? I

'm also worried about the cost of these things. I'm working on a really tight budget, and I'm trying to find something that will be inexpensive, but still look elegant. I found a person who will travel to me and will do $95 for both the trial and the day of updo. She is also willing to do the bridesmaids for $55 each. I would like to have someone do make up for me as well, but I think the most I'd be willing to pay would be $60. I don't think my bridesmaids would be willing to pay to have their makeup done. Any suggestions on what I should do for the makeup? I think it would be a bad idea to go to a salon to have my makeup done first, then come back to do the updo. That's just too long for the makeup to still look fresh, right? Then I'm thinking of the benefits of doing everything in a salon. Oiy I'm torn.

Any ideas/comments/suggestions are appreciated! :)

Re: Makeup/Hair travel or salon?

• Makeup and hair on location is expensive.  For me, it was worth every penny because I wanted to look fabulous on the most photographed day of my life and I knew I couldn't achieve the look I wanted on my own.

I don't know that getting everything done in a salon will save you that much.  Here in Dallas, it's not that much more to have them come on site and again, that was worth it to me.

A good MUA can come to your site no problem--it isn't any "easier" at a salon and it's harder for you.

I would get everything done in one place, whether it's the salon or your venue.  The getting ready time is very stressful--I can't imagine running here and there all over town on my wedding day personally.

Another option if you have a major mall nearby would be to get your hair done at a salon there and then go to a Mac or other makeup counter to get your makeup done and that might be cheaper.  Or go to a salon that offers both hair and makeup services.
  • If you are thinking about doing your makeup, there is a wonderful tutorial on weddingbee.com by Miss Rainbow. I just read it today and can't wait to try it out.
  • I'm having my hair/makeup come to me.  Much less stressful than having to go to a salon!  I'm using Marxey Makeup.  Michelle has actually done my hair/makeup for the last 4 years for an annual black tie event that I go to.  She's amazing and she is not expensive like I've seen elsewhere.  If you haven't found anyone yet here are some pictures of me from my black tie events...!!!  

Her number is 652-4095 and you can find her on Facebook with bridal pictures and whatnot.

Due date: July 22, 2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards