New Hampshire
Options

MOB Dresses

Looking for places for MOB dresses in NH/Boston area...my mom is only 52 so she isnt into the "dress w/a jacket" look (feels like its too old for her)..any recs? She already tried the major dept. stores. THX! :)

Re: MOB Dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FMIL found a dress she loved at Madeleine's Daughter. I thought the dresses were overpriced, but it might be worth checking out to start.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom is the same age and didn't want any of the old lady dresses most places offer!  She ended up going with a bridesmaid dress!  She got it at Modern Bride in Bedford.  They were great to work with.  So anyways, have your mom look through bridesmaid dresses too and she just might find something she likes!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    EDK2010EDK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Mom is younger than yours and found her dress at Madeleine's Daughter. Like Chica said I found them overpriced but she loved it! My grandmother also bought her dress there.
    TTC #1 Since July 2011
    BFP #1 2/28/12- 3/3/12 CP at 4w3d
    BFP #2 4/1/12- 5/7/12 Missed M/C at 8w4d (measuring 6w3d)
    TTC on hold until December
  • Options
    ShannonMSWShannonMSW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My mom is older than yours, but also didn't want the "dress with a jacket" look! She ended up finding a bridesmaid's dress at Modern Bride in Bedford, NH on the clearance rack for $25!! They have a really good selection of bridesmaid's dresses that are also appropriate for a MOB (not too "young" looking).

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same here, my mom doesn't want a "MOB" type dress with a jacket, etc. She found a dress at Marry and Tux in Nashua, NH in the bridesmaid section.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards