California-Inland Empire
Options

petticoat

so, my dress looks AMAZING with a petticoat, but they cost $60!!!! I duno Im so torn right now! Everyone that I personally know didnt use one, so borrowing is out. Are you guys buying one/ or bought one? Was it worth it? *SAD FACE*
BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy

Re: petticoat

• Options
    hischiquita!hischiquita! member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really want one, just because I want my dress to look fuller.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A petticoat?  Is that for the outside or do you mean a crinoline??
    CRAFTY ME

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crinny is what you wear under the dress for a more full look.  Yes, I bought one.
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought a petticoat was the full "skirt" that goes under the dress... is that what a  crinoline is? I've only heard the girls at David's call it a petticoat, so excuse my adopted ignorance. LOL
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm just gonna get one, there's no point of wearing my dress without it... BUT I"M NOT HAPPY! LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could look on the Trash to Treasure board or even on ebay. I have seen gently used ones for sale there for about half the price. I have even seen a few girls just give theirs away on the TtoT board. Its worth lurking if it can save you some $
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL!! It's not a big deal.  I learned all this wedding lingo from this site.  I was completely wedding ignorant before i came here!

Is this what you are talking about?

Some are sheer.  We call it crinoline or crinny here.  Well at least on The Knot. 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If i ever get my dress, I am going to this second hand bridal store to get my petticoat or crinny or whatever it is called :-) It is half the price!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    mrs.payne2010mrs.payne2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah the t2t board has tons of these for reasonable prices. i did not try my dress on with it. maybe i should....
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    yes Kasi, thats what I want
    Thanks ladies, I will go to the t2t board and lurk for a "crinny" LOL
  • Options
    emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahaha just reading the phrase "lurk for a crinny" made me laugh out loud. too funny.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had one and loved it. I got the biggest one they could possibly find.. I tried to sell it on the T2T board, because it is taking so much room.. but it's so small. It doesn't even fit me anymore.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine didn't even fit on my wedding day! 
    CRAFTY ME

my read shelf:
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are expensive! I called the place where I got mine and asked how much the biggest one is and its $700!!!!  Oh and I said crinoline and they had no idea what I was talking about, then I said petticoat and they knew exactly what I wanted. So I guess different places call them differently.

I need to research a cheaper full one. Maybe LA?
  • Options
    SarahB0427SarahB0427 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOOK WHAT I FOUND ON THE T2t Board....Not sure what size it is...but, it might be a good one :-)

Hi ladies.
    I bought this crinoline thinking that I needed one for my very full ballgown, but it turned out that there's a tight slip and lots of tulle already built into my dress, so it's impossible to wear a crinoline under it.  This crinoline is still completely new, never worn.  I took it out of the packaging before realizing that I wouldn't be able to wear it, so the bag is open, but it's unworn.I originally bought it from this seller on ebay:  http://snipurl.com/u5p35 for $19.75 plus $12.95  shipping.  I will sell it for $17 plus actual shipping costs (depends on your zip code), or you can pick it up if you're in the Philadelphia/South Jersey area.Oops.  Forgot my contact info. If you're interested in buying the crinoline, please email me at vickypeabody at gmail dot com.  Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just looking around for crinny's and found tons of these on ebay for that same price! I wonder about the quality though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards