Hawaii

Hale Koa Hotel, **Jaymers**

I was wondering if anyone besides Jamie is going with the Hale Koa and if you are familiar with how to go about reserving a date there.  I'm finally getting back into wedding planning mode after being on hiatus for awhile haha.  There's so many new people that I don't know :)

But anywho if you have any information i'd greatly appreciate it. I'll check back here or please email me at cariyanaga @ gmail .com [minus the spaces]  thank you! :)
Todd & Cari
7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel

Re: Hale Koa Hotel, **Jaymers**

• edited December 2011
    It's great to have you back! Sorry I'm no help with Hale Koa.
  • edited December 2011
    i just called them and they were SUPER helpful. in the end though, decided not to go with them..... =\
  • stacibustacibu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi
    I'm staci.  i'm also getting married at hale koa.  you can call the catering office to see if they have your date available and maybe schedule a tour.  then you just sign a contract and give them a deposit.  they are extremely helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks girls for all your help.  

Kellie, how's the wedding planning going? aren't the days flying by?

Staci,  is someone in your family military..do you need them to go with you?  Thank you :)
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Cari!  Nice to see you back again :)

The first time I contacted the catering office to schedule a site visit, they told me the first slot they had open was a few weeks later.  Being an anxious bride, this seemed like forever.  I finally got to go down to see the site, and I wasn't even able to see the Derussy or Waikiki ballrooms!  After my site visit, they told me that if I wanted to reserve a date, the sooner the better as they book up fast.  Because they are so reasnably priced, they don't really have a slow time.

When we finally decided on Hale Koa, I called them to see what dates were available.  They were super helpful and literally went through each weekend on their calendar for 4 months to see when was available.  I wanted Saturday dinner some time towards the end of 2009 and maybe Saturday lunch or dinner.  Kind of difficult when I am so vague, but they were very nice and didn't sound irritated at all.

After we had them hold our date, our plans changed and they were able to reschedule us with no hassle (we had not put our deposit down yet).

Sorry for the long answer...I tend to ramble.  Anyways, if you have any other questions, let me know.  Check out my bio and blog too...I have some details from my site inspections.  To schedule a site visit or check date availability, just call the catering office (I am working with Dora, who is the catering manager).  Since they are Federal, they kind of work bankers hours, but I've been able to meet them on a couple Satrudays too.  HTH!  Welcome back!
  • edited December 2011
    oh, one more thing to think about when picking a date...prices go up every October 1st since it is the beginning of the new fiscal year.  it doesn't matter if you book before then or not...
  • edited December 2011
    hi jamie,

Thanks!  I knew you would be the one to come to my rescue!  I'll definitely give them a call soon then.  Hopefully they'll have our date available since we're stuck on that "date" :).  I figure if we're booking year and a half in advance we'll have a better chance :)  I'm going to check your bio and blog now.  Hope all the planning is going great!  i'm starting to slowly get back into the planning! :)
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • bulinbulin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Cari,
    My brother in law works at pearl harbor.  Your sponsor does not have to go with you to make the reservation.  All Hale Koa needs is their name and rank (if military).  You should definitely call the catering office and read Jamie's blog :)
  • edited December 2011
    oooh thanks for your help.  You are totally putting me at ease and now I can rest peacefully tonight.  It's such a challenge to book a certain date that cannot be any other date. (he's very very picky!).  but really this helps me a lot and makes me feel so much better. thanks so much everyone!
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards